Status: Indefinite hiatus. This story is so old it's never being revived ever again.

Emails From Joey

Home, He's Coming Home Again (FINALLY!)

I moved the cursor and clicked on send. My last email to dad before he comes home.

Ring.

"Let Taylor get it," I frowned.

Ring.

"Joey, obviously, she's not going to get it," Jakob said. Looking up from his book. He sat cross legged on my bed.

"Fine," I frowned again. I dashed out of my room. "I'll get it!" I said loudly. Okay, I practically screamed it in Taylor's ear, but whatever.

"Mm, that's great, you do that Joey," she muttered, not even bothering to look up from the photo albums she sneaked out of dad's room. Taylor was one crappy babysitter, I hope she doesn't expect a tip.

"Yellow," I said into the phone.

"You got to stop saying that, Joey. I am so sorry, my laptop was busted and my email server was down. I couldn't read any of your emails," dad's voice said clearly.

"So your laptop was busted? Dad, you should've told me. I could've used all that time for homework or something," I frowned (for the third time today).

"Hey, sorry. Anyway, the plane was fucking late-" dad's voice clearly said from the telephone.

"Dad, I hate it when you swear," I interrupted.

"Sorry...again. The plane's landing right now, the plane attendant says I have to turn of my cell phone. See ya later Joey, love you," dad said quickly. He hung up the phone and I listened to the dial tone buzzing in my ear. Sighing, I hung up and turned to face Jakob, who was staring at me intently.

"Dad's coming home, finally! Joey, do you think he bought the toy airplane I asked for?" Jakob said excitingly. "Besides, I think our babysitter's obsessed." Jakob lowered his voice. He nodded in Taylor's direction.

"Yeah, whatever. You need to sleep. It's nine, dad won't be home in about two hours," I said in a concerned voice.

"You're not the boss of me. Mom's the boss of me,"Jakob snapped.

"Then I'm your mom," I shrugged.

"That would mean that you had him when you were three. Common sense Joey, god," Taylor rolled her eyes.

I turned to look back at Jakob. "If you go now, I won't break your new airplane," I said persuasively.

Frowning, Jakob walked back to his room, muttering something. "Dad would let me stay up late. It's only nine anyway. Stupid Joey..."

As soon as everyone was sleeping, I crept downstairs. I couldn't go to sleep, I was too excited to see dad. Might as well wait for him. I jumped onto the couch and turned on the TV. Reaching under the couch, I pulled out a bag of Lays chips and a bottle of Pepsi. Dad wouldn't be here for another one or two hours, until then, another episode of Inuyasha.

I was in the middle of watching Inuyasha and a few minutes later, I fell asleep watching T.V. Then dad threw open the door. "Hey Joey! What are you doing in the living room? Aren't you supposed to be sleeping? Didn't Taylor put you to bed? Did that last question sound wrong on so many levels?" dad whispered loudly.

"Watching TV, yes, no, and duh," I replied with a smile. "How was the tour?"

"You do not know how many girls try to hit on me," dad sighed as he sat next to me. "You really should be sleeping," dad repeated.

"Um...a lot of them? They should know that they have no chance to get with you. You're married, you have kids, and it would be just plain wrong to try to hit on you," I scoffed.

"I saw your mouth moving, but all I heard was blither, blither, blither," dad grumbled. His eyes were glued to the TV. "How can you watch this?" dad asked. I looked at the TV, there was this giant bird thing with something that looked like a huge boil coming out of it's head. It eventually popped and someone came out of the boil. The huge big bird was dead.

"I honestly have no idea," I replied.

"You shouldn't be watching this Joey. Where's Taylor? I am so taking this out of her pay check."

"Oh Billie, you're home, great," Taylor said as she came down the stairs. She had this fake smile plastered on her face.