He Loves Me?

Graduation

"Malfoy, Draco." I had to try hard to keep the giggles inside. I laugh a lot when I'm nervous. This was almost exactly like the Sorting ceremony, minus the hat. It was the graduation ceremony, I was wearing an orange knee-length strapless dress.

As Draco got up (he was sitting next to me) I could see he must have been as nervous as me, he tried to give me a weak smile, but it didn't really work out. He walked to the stage, shook hands with Professors Snape (Head of House) and Dumbledore before accepting his diploma, then walked back to his seat.

'This is it' I thought, my last name being McMahon always made me right after Draco in these alphabetical things. Sure enough, it came.

"McMahon, Adrianna." I tried to do a better job of smiling at Draco before I got up and started walking, and hoped it was what I had pictured in my head to look like. I started the walk, which was over all too quickly. I shook hands with Snape, then Dumbledore before accepting my diploma. I was about to walk back when Dumbledore stopped me.

"Just a moment Ms McMahon, but could Harry Potter please join us for a moment? Ah! There he is!" He said, spotting Harry in the second last row.

While he walked up, I was wondering what on Earth was going on. Why was Harry coming? We would probably never be friends, Draco and I being like sister and brother. But we both shared the same ambition, to become an Auror, so I tried to smile at him as he walked up the stairs.

"Mr Potter and Ms McMahon have tied for the Defence Against the Dark Arts award." He said, as he placed the medals around my and Harry's necks. I was just relieved that I hadn't failed a course and couldn't graduate! Harry started walking off the stage, so I did too, and took my seat next to Draco while the audience applauded.

"Good Job!" He whispered to me. I just beamed at him. Out of no where, I took his hand in mine, he looked surprised, but smiled and gave my hand a squeeze. I didn't want to let go, and was relieved to see that he didn't appear to want to either. So we stayed that way until our good friend Blaise Zabini was called to the front.

Everyone was getting their coats and stuff on, as Blaise was the last in the alphabet. However, he didn't leave the stage when he recieved his diploma, instead he called in his loud voice,

"Can Jazz Appleby stand on top of her chair, please?" I saw my best friend Jazz in the first row stand up, looking confused, then she got on top of her chair, facing her long-time boyfriend on the stage.

"Now, Jazz, with everyone watching, I have something to ask you, will you marry me?" He called. I saw Jazz look like she just got struck by lightning before Blaise's words sunk in, then she started screaming and running up into Blaise's awaiting arms, screaming "YES, YES, YES!" the entire time.

I was glad she had such a good sense of humor, any other girl, like myself might have gotten embaressed, but not good old Jazz, I joined the crowd in clapping and cheering the couple on. I didn't notice Draco looking at his hand as I let go of it to clap with a sad expression on his face.

I joined Draco with the crowd filing out of the auditorium to the reception.

"Now that our friends are engaged, will you go out with me?" He asked almost out of the blue. Like with Jazz, it took a while for the words to sink in. Then I looked into his blue eyes and whispered,

"Yes." I had been waiting for this moment for I don't know how long, and was so happy that it happened before we left the school. At that moment, he took me in his arms and kissed me ever so simply and gently.