He Loves Me?

Where is he?

The next two weeks were spent just lazing around the house. I was huge now and my feet hurt whenever I walked.

Draco was doing the usual thing men do right before their kids are due: hanging out with friends for the last few weeks of freedom. Blaise didn't have much time to come over. But Crabbe and Goyle came over regularily. They were so stupid! They couldn't think of why I had gained so much weight! I didn't bother explaining to them, it was too much for their brains.

Anyway, I had the energy about a week before the 21st, so I decided to visit Jazz and her new baby. It killed my feet to walk too far, so I apparated closer to the house. When I knocked, Blaise answered the door.

"Hey! It's been a while! We were wondering when you would come ot visit! Where's Draco?" He asked.

"He's hanging out with Crabbe and Goyle. I thought he was too mature for them, but I guess I was wrong." I answered.

"What if the baby comes and he's not around?" He asked.

"Oh, don't worry about me! I'll be fine!" I lied. The pains of childbirth had been haunting me ever since I witnessed Jazz having her baby. But I believed that after all Draco had to put up with, like me losing my memory, then getting it back and complaining about pains, he deserved a break.

"Well, come in, Jazz is in the living room with the baby!" He led me to the living room, where we did indeed find Jazz sitting on a couch with the tiny child in her arms. She looked up when we entered the room, smiled and handed the baby to Blaise before giving me a hug.

"Thank you so much for coming just in time!" She said.

"Hey! No problem!" I answered.

"And my, my! Look at you! You look like you could pop a baby any time now!" I laughed, I had never heard the expression before! "Where's Draco?" She asked curiously.

"He's hanging out with some friends." I answered, "He deserves some time off from my constant complaining." I laughed. Jazz did too.

"Well, if you have that baby when he's not around, just give us a call!" She said.

"Enough about me! Have you decided on a name for your baby yet?" I asked.

"Yeah, we decided on Adela." she answered.

"That's sweet!" I commented.
"Wanna hold her?" She asked, taking Adela from Blaise's hands and holding her to me. I took her, she was so small and perfect! It probably made all that pain and suffering worth it just to hold it in your arms!

I got home to a frantic Draco.

"Where have you been?" He asked, concerned.

"I was visiting the Zabinis!" I said.

"Next time, tell me okay? This baby could come at any minute!" I was so glad he felt that way and really cared about being there when the time came! He pulled me into an uneasy hug.

"I do have to say that I'll be glad when it's born, then I'll be able to hug you properly." He said. I laughed. It was kicking harder than ever, as it always did whenever Draco was around, which made the warm spring even harder, I was so uncomfortable.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked.

"Not at the moment. I think I'm just going to rest on the couch for a bit." I replied.

Draco's POV

May the 21st came and went. It was now May 24. I made sure she never left my sight. The poor woman! She looked so uncomfortable. I wish there was something I could do for her. I guess the only thing left to do is wait. I'm so excited!

I suddenly had to use the washroom. I opened the door and found there was no toilet paper left. Aw man! We had been putting off going to the store just in case the baby came. We were short on a lot of supplies. I walked into the living room where Adrianna was resting.

"Do you mind if I got to the store? I'll only be a few minutes!" I figured it had been three days, it probably wasn't going to come today. I was two weeks late myself. Adrianna was covered with sweat, I brought her some ice cubes earlier. I felt so bad I couldn't do anything else.

"No, go do something! It must be a drag cooped up in here with me all the time!" She answered with a laugh. I laughed back, kissed her and ran as fast as I could to the store.

Adrianna's POV

I suddenly felt the biggest kick this child had ever given me. I swore, that after all this grief it had put me through, it would get a big smacking when it was born!

I felt something wet on my rear. Oh no! My water couldn't have broken yet! I wasn't ready! I broke into a heavy sweat. Draco came into the room.

"Do you mind if I go to the store? I'll only be a couple minutes!" He said. The poor guy looked so worn out! It must be annoying to be cooped up inside with a cranky wife and nothing to do but wait.

"No, go do something! It must be a drag cooped up in here with me all the time!" I laughed, and so did her. He gave me a quick kiss before dashing out of the room. I decided to call Jazz, she would know if my water had broken of not. All of a sudden, I got these massive cramps! I had just enough energy to grab some floo powder and shout Jazz's name into the fire. Within seconds, she was there.

"Oh my goodness! Are you allright?" She said looking at my sweat drenched body.

"I..don't...know! I..think...my...water....just....broke!" I gasped, Why wouldn't this baby stop pushing! It was exhausting!

"Oh my gosh! Where's Draco?" She asked.

"Store." I wheezed.

"Adrianna, I don't mean to worry you, but this baby is coming, and it's coming soon! Do you think if I supported you, you could hobble over to your bedroom?" She asked. I nodded and she lifted me up and walked me to my room. It was so hard! I was getting contractions now!

'Hurry up Draco!' I thought. Blaise walked into the room at that moment, I figured he followed Jazz.

"I need Draco!" I gasped. Jazz translated.

"Blaise, could you please hurry to the store and find Draco? Tell him his child is being born!" He hurried out of the room. I wish Draco would hurry up!

Draco's POV

I was about to pay when Blaise came rushing in, he looked flustered.

"Draco, what are you doing?" He practically shouted, "Adrianna's in labor and she keeps calling for you!" I forgot about everything when those words were said. I sprinted as fast as I could to our house, it was about a five minute run, but I had to be there!

After a short period of time, I reached the house, I could hear her screaming in pain. I didn't waste anymore time, and ran up the stairs to the bedroom where the screams seemed to be coming from.

I saw Adrianna on the bed with Jazz by her side, coaching her on. I quickly got on her other side.

Your POV

Draco was here! I was so relieved! I felt so much safer when he was in the room! He took my hand and gave it a squeeze. I squeezed it back with much more force and smiled at him.

"It's coming!" I said. I had gotten a sudden burst of energy when he entered the room.

"Now Adrianna," Jazz started, "You might think I'm asking for a lot, but you need to push and breathe!" That seemed impossible! This baby was pushing harder than I had the energy to. But one look at Draco's smiling face gave me all I needed to keep going! Still the pain was unbearable!

"Keep going!" Draco was at the other end of the bed now, but I wouldn't let him let go of my hand, "I think I can see it!" I had to keep going, There was a baby in there that wanted out.

For the next few hours (or so it seemed) Draco and Jazz just yelled pointless nonsense at you, but it worked.

"The head's out!" Draco screamed, "Just a little more!" I screamed and gave it all I had left with one huge push and the room was filled with the screams of a new-born baby.