He Loves Me?

New Family

Me, Draco and the new baby left the hospital the next day. Jazz and Mrs Malfoy said they would help if you needed it. I was glad about that. You knew thw basics about babies, like feeding and changing, but nothing else. I also thought this was very generous of Jazz as she also had a newish baby and was sacrificing her time to help you out.

You breast-fed the baby when we got home as he was fussing. Draco came in too and helped, as he put it! The baby looked just like his father. Same eyes, nose and blonde hair. I was so content just sitting there with my son on your lap and Draco beside me with his arm around me. I decided this was a good time to bring up what happened at the hospital.

"So, what was going on with your father in St Mungo's?" I asked.

"Well," He started, "I don't want to keep secrets from you. I never did, and that's the way it should be. Just so you know, this could shock you." He explained that Voldemort had come to his father's door and asked for his and Draco's services. I gasped.

"Don't worry! I told him flat out no! I would never do that to you. Now that we have a kid, I would never want him exposed to that sort of stuff." The baby was done feeding by then and Draco pulled us both into a warm hug. I was happy that he said no, not that I had expected him to agree, but if Lucius was working for Voldemort, it did put them in a bit of a position.

You didn't really want to talk about it, so you changed the subject.

"This baby needs a name, you know! We can't keep on calling him 'The Baby.' That gets on my nerves! Got any ideas?" I asked.

"I have been thinking about it, and I like the names Nathan, Christian and Craig. How about you?" He answered, and asked.

"I was thinking of Craig too! I also liked Adrian, like your cousin." I answered.

"I don't think Frances would like it if we named our kid Adrian. But Craig's a nice name. Agreed?" He asked. I liked the name Craig too, so I nodded.

"It sounds like a perfect name for this little guy! Does he need a middle name?" I asked.

"I was thinking about naming him after my father, but after the stuff he was talking about last night..."

"I understand, but he was and still is a good guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't last long with Voldemort and come back to the good side. After all, he raised us, and he deserves some honor. It might change his mind about what he's about to do."

"Yeah, I agree. So our son is Craig Lucius Malfoy. I like the sound of that." Draco announced. I liked it too. That was surprisingly easy, but we were all satisfied.

A few seconds later, Draco was holding Craig, I was about to say something, as he hadn't been burped yet, but it was too late. Craig spat up all over Draco. We all laughed and Draco went to get cleaned up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, that one was short.