He Loves Me?

So Soon?

Before I knew it, it had been a month since Craig was born. I couldn't believe how much he had grown! When he was born he was 7lbs 4oz now he was nearing ten pounds!

What was more exciting was the fact that he was now sleeping five hours at a time. Draco was doing everything he could to help out, and I was surprised. I had the impression that he would rather shovel burning crap in the rain than change a diaper, but he tried, and it was much appreciated.

The most exciting thing of all was on the morning of June 27. I went into his room to feed him. I bent down to pick him up, and he smiled! It made all the effort from this past month worth it! I called Draco and told him. We spent a good part of that day pulling silly faces and making Craig laugh so we could take pictures to send to our relatives of him smiling.

Draco was only given a month off to spend time with his son, myself, on the other hand was given a year. So it came as no surprise when he was called back to go to Norway. Lucius Malfoy had tipped the Ministry off that it was where Voldemort was rumoured to be last.

I tried not to believe that the person who had been a father to me was working for Voldemort. So I didn't. He had been over with his wife a few times and convinced Draco and I that he had come over to the good side.

On July 6th, Craig and I went to see Draco off when he went to Norway. There were tears shed as he embraced me one last time before he left.

"Don't worry about me!" He assured me, "Take care of yourself and Craig for me and I'll visit as often as I can!" He let go of me and kissed me before he boarded the plane with the two other guys he was working with.

I saw him at a window seat and held Craig's hand up so it looked like he was waving. Draco smiled before his plane took off leaving Craig and I in the runway alone. There were still tears running down my face. It was lucky that Craig looked so much like Draco so I wouldn't miss him as much.

Lucius Malfoy's POV

The Dark Lord was in my house again. Narcissa was out on a few errands so we were alone again. I didn't want her knowing about this yet.

I got some elf made wine and poured it into two glasses. It had been almost a week since my son had left for Norway where I had falsely told the Ministry Voldemort was. I knew I should feel guilty, but I didn't. Following Voldemort was where I belonged. It was just like the old times.

"Lucius," He started, "Now would be as good a time as any. The father is away and his wife is very unprotected at home. I suggest you get it over with."

"It's just hard." I tried to reason, "He's my first and only grandson!"

"I understand, but I promise you, this will make the old times come back." I would give anything to have those old times back, so shortly after he left, I put a dark cloak and and set out.

Adrianna's POV

I was lonely at home, so I invited Jazz and Adela over to spend the night. Blaise needed some time away from his daughter. Apparently, she was even louder than Craig had been in his first week, and wasn't getting any better.

"I think I should contact an expert on this." She was telling me, "I mean after more than two months, she should be getting more sleep!" Craig and Adela were playing around on the bed. Adela was quite a bit bigger than Craig.

"I can't believe how much she's grown! I mean compared to Craig, she's huge!" I laughed, I felt the same way! It was almost eleven o'clock pm.

"Maybe we should think about getting some sleep." I suggested.

"We won't if Adela's here!" Jazz assured me. I laughed again, but she followed me nonetheless to the nursery where I had moved Craig's crib to when he started sleeping six hours at a time. They were asleep almost instantly.

I was amazed at how the two had bonded during their first day together. Jazz hoped this would help Adela sleep better, and after another hour of waiting for her to see if she would wake up, she felt assured. We eventually fell asleep at around one o'clock am and didn't hear the intruder enter the house.

Lucius Malfoy's POV

I was in the house. I couldn't believe what I was about to do. He was my grandson, and I couldn't bear to think of how Adrianna and Draco would react. But I had to do what I had to do. I needed to get back to the good old days. That was where I belonged.

I wandered the halls of the house trying to find the nursery. This must be it. Two cribs, but which one was Craig? It must be the smaller one, as he was only about a month old.

I raised my wand and hesitated. How could I do this? Then Voldemort flashed into my mind and knew what I had to do.

"Avada Kedavra!" I regretted it the moment his tiny body stopped breathing.