He Loves Me?

More Sleepless Nights

It must have been three in the morning when I woke up to the loudest wailing I had ever heard in my life! I turned to look at Jazz, but she was already up and walking towards the nursery. I decided to get up too, after that racket, Craig must be awake too.

"You know," Jazz said, "I'm surprised she lasted this long before going off." She said as she picked Adela up and stroked her back. I smiled and looked into Craig's crib. The angel! He was still asleep!

But still, it was weird that he was the only one not awake. I picked him up, he was so cold! Maybe I should have given him more blankets. I walked over to the closet to find one, when you noticed I couldn't feel his breathing.

I put my hand to his heart and tried to make a beat out. Nothing.

'NO!' I thought, 'This can't be happening! After everything's that happened, he can't die!' I felt tears in my eyes as I tried to make him breath again and feel the beating of his heart. Nothing, Jazz noticed what I was up to.

"Are you okay?" She asked, then she noticed the tears in my eyes, "What's wrong?" she asked concerned. By then I was full-out bawling.

"Please! Try to get Draco! Tell him it's an emergency!" Jazz looked confused, but she obeyed and left me by myself holding the lifeless body of all I had to live for right then, tears pouring down my face.

Jazz's POV

Gee! I hoped everything was alright! She was just standing there holding Craig! Why was she crying?

I clued in, How come he didn't wake up when Adela did? She must have woken up everyone within a 20km radius! No! He couldn't be dead! He was so young! He was barely even beginning to be a real person!

I took Adela with me and held her tight. By now she had stopped crying and was gurgling up at me, I felt tears in my eyes. How come my life was so much more simpler than Adrianna's? I mean, she has Draco who loves her so much! Then her memory was wiped. And for goodness sake, her first born child was only a month old! She didn't deserve this!

I walked to the fireplace and picked up some floo powder. I could still hear Adrianna bawling her eyes out in the nursery. I would give anything to walk in there and comfort her! But, she asked me to find Draco, and find him I shall.

"Arthur Hotel, Oslo, Norway, room 219!" I shouted into the fire and hoped that Adela wouldn't mind! I jumped in and felt the air swirl around me. I opened my eyes and found myself outside of room 219. Adela wasn't crying, which was great! She actually seemed to be enjoying herself. But now wasn't the time. I had to get Draco.

"Draco! Please open the door!" I shouted while hammering on his door, I felt the tears pour down my face again. Nothing. I kept at it, he had to wake up sometime soon! Suddenly, I heard footsteps and stopped. It was one of Draco's roomates.

"Hey! Sorry to bug you this early in the morning," I said as it was five am in Oslo, "But I really need to see Draco Malfoy!" He noticed the tears on my face.

"Um...hold on a sec." He said then disappeared into the room and returned a few moments later with Draco by his side. He looked tired and his hair was all tousled.

"Jazz? What going on?" He asked with a yawn, then me noticed the tears on my face, "What's wrong?" He asked, all of a sudden alert.

"It's Adrianna! I think something's wrong with Craig! She was in tears when she asked me to get you!" I was bawling again, and it was a wonder that he could understand what I was saying! I didn't want to tell him my suspicions just yet, in case I was wrong.

"C'mon." He said and we apparated back to his and Adrianna's house. When we got there, I could still hear Adrianna bawling in the nursery. Draco practically ran in there to be with her. I followed, then decided not to, I think I should leave them alone.

Adrianna's POV

I still couldn't believe it! Who would kill my son? He mean't so much to me! Draco and I didn't have any enemies that knew were we lived! Did we? What if Voldemort somehow found out about our whereabouts?

I started crying even harder and wished that Draco would hurry up! I needed to feel his arms around you at that moment and his voice telling me everything was going to be alright. As if reading my mind, he came sprinting into the room.

"Adrianna!" He shouted, out of breath, "What's wrong?" The tears poured down my face as you held out the lifeless form of our one and only son to him. He took him and tears fell down his face as well.

"Is he..." He couldn't bring the last word out. But I nodded.

He pulled me tight into his arms with Craig inbetween us. We stood there for a while, just our family, or what it was!

I felt anger and hatred next. Who would do this? Who would destroy a perfectly happy family? I knew it was my job to find out who it was and make sure they went to jail for the rest of their lives! But for now, it was time to grieve for our lost son that meant the world to us.