He Loves Me?

It was who?

Draco and I were standing in each other's arms, crying softly. This baby had been a part of our lives for the past one and a half months. Not even a year! How come he had to leave so soon?

We were waiting in the hospital for the results on a test they did on the body, apparently they could find out who killed him. Then, the door of a room opened and a Healer stepped out with a clipboard.

"Well," He started, "We have the results, are you sure you want them? This could come as a bit of a shock."

"Of course we want them! Who ever it was killed our first and only son! Please just tell us!" Draco said shakily, his were tears staining his face and my shoulder.

"Alright then," The Healer continued, "It was Lucius Malfoy." There was dead silence as Draco and I stood there in shock. I couldn't believe it! This baby probably meant just as much to Lucius as it did to Draco and I! Why would he do such a thing? Unless he really did re-join the Death Eaters! That was a scary thought. Then Draco spoke up.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," The Healer answered, "Wands leave marks and this one matched the one that belongs to Lucius Malfoy."

"Is he caught yet?" I asked. My worst nightmare would be to have my son's killer on the loose.

"No yet." The Healer replied, "You see, what seems to have happened was that he got home and his wife and him had a row. The she kicked him out. He's been on the run ever since. But don't worry, the Ministry's doing their best to catch him." I felt reassured, but I still had a hard time believing that the man who walked you down the aisle had killed my one and only son.

Lucius Malfoy's POV

I couldn't believe it! How could I have let The Dark Lord hookwink me into killing my only grandson? Now Narcissa had kicked me out, and I'm on the run. I had to find the Dark Lord to tell him it's over, I can't do this anymore.

I stopped in an alleyway to rest and catch my breath. I don't know how they did it so fast, but they already know what I'd done and are trying to catch me.

All of a sudden, I saw sparks infront of my face. I backed off. They took the form of a man and before I knew what was happening, Lord Voldemort was standing in front of me.

"Well done, I must say Lucius." He said, "you have attacked well, and Draco is heartbroken. Next, I believe, we get his wife. I daresay the Death Eaters are in short supply of women!" He said licking his lips.

"No, my lord." I said defiantly, I couldn't take this anymore. It was bad enough I had to kill someone, but now to kidnap my own daughter-in-law and let the Death Eaters rape her? "I've had enough of this!" I turned around to go.

"Then, you may have chosen death, Lucius." He whispered, "Think of all you can gain by joining me and following me. Think of the past."

"I can't, my family always comes first." I snarled.

"Very well. AVADA KEDAVRA!" The last thing I ever thought was how much I regretted last night.

Adrianna's POV

I was sitting in the Ministry of Magic Auror Office, in my cubicle which was right beside Draco's. Last time I was here, it had been filled with pictures of my wedding and other pictures of Draco and I. Before he was murdered, I had planned on putting a picture of Craig right in the middle. Now that spot lay blank and the tears were pouring down my face. Draco was sitting beside me when Rufus Scrimgeour himself came running into the office to talk to you.

"I good news and bad news." Draco and I exchanged a look and Rufus continued, "We found Lucius, in an alleyway in Brighton. The bad news is that he was also murdered. tests say that it was He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named that was his killer." No one deserved death. Even the worst people in the world. We thanked the Minister, then headed back home.

"Okay, we need to plan our next move." Draco said when we got comfortable on a couch together.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean, we have to track Voldemort down and finish him off. The Ministry isn't doing us any good, I mean they sent you to Canada, where you lost your memory. Then they sent me to Norway where Voldemort moved in for the kill. We can't keep doing this!" I agreed.

"Then there's only one person that can help us now." I said. He looked confused, "Harry Potter." He winced, as we knew, they didn't get along very well in school.

"C'mon Draco!" I pleaded, "This is your son! Don't you want to finish off who killed your son and your father? Harry probably has a better idea of where he is than the whole Ministry!"

"Yeah, I guess your right." He said. "We'll go in the morning." The we went to our bedroom where we both needed a lot of cheering up that only a husband and wife could do. Little did we know about the life that began in my belly.
♠ ♠ ♠
As I mentioned, this was written before book 7 came out, so there's an alternate ending than the real Harry Potter series.