He Loves Me?

Mission of a Lifetime

After the recent attack, Draco and I thought it was best if we left our house as it obviously wasn't safe anymore.

Jazz and Blaise happily took us in for the next four days. Sure, it was loud at night, but Crabbe and Goyle, hopefully, had no idea where we were, and that was a blessing!

Four days later, it was time to go back to the Potters' house. All thoughts about a possible pregnancy were forgotten, though I had to admit I was feeling a tad tired and sick. I was late too. But I decided not to confide in Draco out of fear that he might leave me home. I wasn't even positive!

We got to the Potters' where Harry was waiting outside and Ginny was at the doorway holding a pink bundle wrapped in a blue blanket.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked Harry.

"I'm 100% positive that he's in London right now, I think I know where in London too, but we'll find that out when we get there. If all goes well, this could be over in a few weeks." I was so excited!

But no sooner then the words were out of his mouth, I got sick on the grass outside the house. Draco took my waist and held me straight.

"Are you alright?" He asked, concerned.

"Oh, I don't know! I've been sick for the past week and tired." I told him, deciding that I couldn't keep it from him for much longer. I whispered in his ear, "I'm late." He looked surprised at this news, I knew he understood what I was trying to tell him. At that moment Ginny ran up to me.

"Are you sure you're okay? If you want, you can stay here for a while before joining your husband." I didn't want to stay behind, but Draco nodded at her. I was furious!

"No! I want to go!" I pouted.

"You won't be able to get much done if you're sick." He said back, kindly, "I promise, as soon as you're feeling better, I'll come back for you." He smiled at me, he had such a nice smile and I was powerless against it. With that, he and Harry apparated, leaving me alone with Ginny.

"Have you, by any chance, been going to the bathroom a lot more than usual?" She asked me, I wondered why she was asking this, but reflecting on this past week, I had to say that it was true. I nodded.

"Have you been eating a lot too?" She asked again, again I nodded.

"I think I know what's going on!" She said with a huge smile, "You're pregnant!" I refused to believe it! If I was really pregnant, Draco would never want me to join him. I had to help him! Still, he would find out eventually, even if I didn't tell him. I already told him I suspected I was pregnant.

"Is there anyway to know for sure?" I asked Ginny nervously.

"I have some pregnancy tests in the house left over from when I was pregnant." She said. She started walking into the house with her daughter. I reluctantly followed her into the kitchen, where she dug out a box of the testing strips. She handed them to me and showed me the bathroom.

I studied the box. Green meant pregnant and red meant not. I tried it and looked at it as it changed colour.

'Please not green!' I pleaded with the strip, 'Please not green!'

It was green. My heart sunk. I walked out of the bathroom all glum. Ginny was waiting for me in the living room, feeding Lily. She read my facial expression.

"You're not pregnant?" She asked.

"No, I am pregnant." I replied.

"Then why the long face?" She asked.

"Draco will never let me join him if I'm pregnant!" I told her.

"He has a good reason for that!" She said, "You should be happy! I thought you of all people needed some joy in your life after what happened to your first!" I looked at her and realized she was right. Then, I felt a small warm feeling inside my chest, I was pregnant! I never thought of looking at it in this way before. I had to tell Draco, but you also didn't want him worried about me.
.
"Did Harry by any chance happen to tell you if he was coming back for visits?" I asked Ginny. She laughed.

"Harry takes his work very seriously! I doubt he would, but I can take you to Draco after things settle down for them, maybe in in two days?" She asked. That sounded okay, so I nodded.

I was pregnant again! How did this happen so quickly? Whatever the reason, I was glad it did!