He Loves Me?

Time Passes

"Okay, you can open your eyes now." Draco told me, I obeyed, and there before me was one of the most expensive and fanciest restaurants in London. 'The King's Arms.' I gasped,

"Wow! Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be if I took you here and made reservations?" He walked me to the door where he pushed his way through the crowd of people to get to the host.

"Table for two under 'Malfoy.'" He told him. He was the ultimate stereotype of a French man, with the curly mustache and the hair greased back.

"Ah yes, Monsieur!" He said with his heavy accent and he led us to a quiet secluded table near the back of the restaurant. Draco pulled out my chair for me and I sat down. I realized that this was my first really romantic dinner with just me and Draco. A waiter came after a few moments.

"Can I offer you some champagne?" He asked Draco, who nodded. The nametag read 'Antoine.' He opened the bottle he was carrying and poured a little bit into Draco's glass for him to test. Draco drank it and pronounced it good, then Antoine poured some into my glass and then Draco's. I smiled at him as he put the bottle in a steel holder then walked away.

After a few moments he came back again with two menus and put one in front of me and the other in front of Draco.

I rested my hand on the table and he took it as an opportunity to hold it. I squeezed his hand.

"Wow, I must say that I'm really impressed! How long have you been planning this?" I asked him.

"Two weeks." He replied. I wondered how he knew he was going to be back today, but I let it go and took a sip of my champagne with my free hand. Then I reached for the menu.

"Hmm.... the escargot looks nice." I mused as I scrolled down the menu. I looked up to see Draco staring at me.

"What?" I asked with a smile.

"Nothing, you look nice when you're pregnant." He said.

"Oh gee thanks! Does that mean I'm ugly when I'm not?" I asked, teasing him.

"No, you look pretty all the time." He said, not shifting from his position. I laughed and Antoine came back.

"'Ave you decided on ze food?" He asked. We both nodded.

"I'll have the escargot." I said and handed him my menu.

"I'll have the quiche Lorraine." Draco said and handed Antoine his menu. Antoine nodded and left for the kitchens.

For the next twenty minutes, you we just talked about random things and baby names and all that stuff. Then, Antoine arrived with the food and we ate in relative silence.

We ordered dessert, chocolate mousse to share. When we finished, Draco paid the check with a flourish and got my coat and put it over my shoulders.

"Where did you learn to be so polite?" I teased. He laughed.

"Potter." He answered and we burst out laughing. Then, we both apparated home to the night that I had promised him.

He picked me up bridal style and dropped me on the bed. I laughed as he unzipped the back of my dress and kissed every part as it was revealed.

I turned around on the bed when the dress was off and I was just laying there in my bra and underwear with him standing beside me beside the bed. He undid my bra and kissed my private skin as he did so, then I pulled him onto the bed beside me.

I ran my hands up his shirt and undid the buttons. He sighed and pulled his pants and boxers off. My belly was getting pretty big, so we made it last as it would be hard to do this in the future. After a while, we both fell asleep with our naked bodies intertwined.

Six months later...

I was huge and due in two weeks. It was back to laying on the couch and waiting for any signs or labor coming. I was thankful that this time, it was March instead of May. There was still snow on the ground, and it was cold! Draco was sitting beside me with his hand on my belly.

It was back to the kicks and pain too. Well, not really pain, but it was annoying! I wished he would pull my shirt up like he did when I was expecting Craig. But he always saved that for bedtime to make up for us not being able to make love to each other.

I couldn't believe how strong this baby was! It could use both of it's feet to kick in two different places at once. I never remembered anything like this with Craig. I loved this little guy already!

All of a sudden, Draco got up and left the room.

"Don't leave me!" I shouted after him, I heard him laughing in the kitchen.

"I'm hungry! Plus, I have to make you something for your supper!" He shouted back at me.

I smelled pizza. He walked back into the room carrying a big one with pepperoni and ham that I knew he had magically created. We ate in silence. The atmosphere had been tense since the last month of my pregnancy. We were both nervous and would be satisfied once this baby got here.

When we finished and Draco was in the kitchen cleaning up the supper dishes, I felt my rear go wet, uh oh! Was my water breaking? If it was, I was ready for it. Draco and I had taken maternity classes and knew exactly what to do when I went into labor. Once the contractions came every fifteen minutes, it was time to find a doctor.

Sure enough, I felt the first contraction, I recognized the feeling from when I was in labor with Craig.

"Draco!" I screamed, "Come quick!" I heard his footsteps running down the hallway to get to me.

"What's up?" he asked, he looked worried, "Are you having contractions?" I nodded. He knelt down next to me on the couch and took my hand. He bent down and kissed me on the lips.

"It's going to be alright. I'm right here." Then he laughed, "Not getting toilet paper this time!" I laughed too. I could always count on him for courage and humour when I needed it.

Everytime I had another contraction, I squeezed Draco hard, but not too hard, I didn't want to hurt him. When they started coming every fifteen minutes, he apparated the both of us to St Mungos.