He Loves Me?

Finale

Not long after I got pregnant for the third time, you learned to keep on my toes for these things. Draco and I had discussed in our early days of marriage that we wanted as big a family as you could handle, so we agreed on six kids.

Nine months later on April 23, I had a beautiful healthy baby boy named Seth Caleb Foster. Krystal was upset to get another brother after hoping to get a sister, but she lived with it. Three kids, I soon realized, was a lot more than two, so I waited another year before getting pregnant again.

Blaise and Jazz had always wanted three kids, so three months after Seth was born, they had a boy named Braden Asher. Adela was thrilled to finally have a brother after waiting all these months out with a sister.

On February 29, on the leap year, I had a little girl named Phaedra Delilah Bettina, and it pleased Krystal greatly to finally get the sister she always wanted but she got upset when she realized Phaedra was too small to play many games. Now we had four kids and we were getting used to having lots of little children around the house. But now, the house seemed to be getting smaller as your family grew!

Four months after Phaedra was born, we moved to a bigger house inbetween Narcissa's and the Zabini's. The Zabini kids always liked to have the Malfoy kids over to play. The friendship inbetween Riley and Anastasia was getting so strong that they screamed and threw temper tantrums when it was time to leave each other.

Narcissa Malfoy was thrilled to become a grandmother five times over, even if one of them had died. She was a loving grandmother to the four kids and was loved by them. She often said she missed Lucius and wished he was there to meet all his grandchildren, but no one really liked talking about him.

With all the kids in the house, Draco and I felt we needed to treat yourselves a lot more often and we were shocked that I became pregnant again a mere three months after we moved. Well, it didn't come as such a surprise that I got pregnant again, but another kid again?

It came anyways. On June 3rd, I had a little boy named Calvin Marius Mitchell. Draco did his best to help out with all the kids and didn't complain as much as he did when it was just the twins. The truth was, having kids was the best thing either of us had ever experienced and we loved them all to death, all five of them.

Narcissa had the idea to enroll the oldest in a wizarding primary school, so the following September, Riley and Krystal went to Senior Kindergarten and Seth went to Junior Kindergarten. Now with only two kids in the house, Draco was able to concentrate more on his work at the Ministry of Magic. I had been on maternity leave ever since Craig had been born!

We waited another year before I got pregnant again with what would be our last child. But on June 26th, I had not only one, but two children! Identical twin boys named Micah Lucas Craig and Nathan Draco Luther. I had to admit that you didn't expect twins again, but here they were and we loved them as much as we could!

When all of them were on school, Nathan and Micah in junior kindergarten, Calvin in senior, Phaedra in grade one, Seth in grade three and Krystal and Riley in grade four, Blaise and Jazz came over for a visit.

"You know that many pure-blood marriages are arranged at birth, but we weren't sure if that's what we wanted." Jazz explained and I wanted to know where this was going. Jazz had never been the type to do this sort of thing, unless it was Blaise's idea.

"We feel that the relationship inbetween Anastasia and Riley could be important and we don't want it to die." Blaise was saying. Draco seemed to be paying attention with great interest.

"So you're saying that we should betroth Riley and Anastasia?" I asked. Blaise and Jazz nodded.

"I must say I agree." Draco said. I was surprised at him.

"But what if they meet some other great guy or girl and they want to get married? It's like we're taking their freedom away!" I argued. Draco walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Adrianna, times have changed! We were lucky to grow up with each other and fall in love. I think the same thing is happening with Riley and Anastasia. It won't change anything, I promise! Those two were made for each other." I fell into the trance Draco still seemed to be able to put on me, even after all these years.

You thought about it. It was true, Anastasia and Riley were in the same class and they were great friends. But betrothing them could change everything!

"Okay, I'm fine with that, but let's not tell them until they're old enough to understand, we can't ruin their childhood!" Everyone nodded and that was that. We all went to the Ministry of Magic over the weekend, the kids stayed with grandparents, and made it official.

Even as I signed the paper, I felt as if I was trying to meddle in my son's life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, that's it for this story. There's a sequel to this one too, if anyone's interested. Just comment and I'll post it after I post the sequel to We Cannot Really Love...