He Loves Me?

Day One

As I walked into the Atrium, I saw a certain platinum blonde head that stood out among all the other blonds. I made a bee-line for it. He turned around before I got there, and started pushing through the crowd of witches and wizards to get to me. As soon as I was right in front of him, I was in his arms.

"I missed you." He wispered in my ear.

"I did too." I whispered back, I don't know how long we stood there, it could have been just a few minutes, a couple of hours, or maybe even days, I just... belonged there, and apparently Drace thought so too, he let out a sigh before I let go. He looked crestfallen.

"Draco, we really should find the training stations if we want to be on time!" At the same time, I felt sorry you let go, but, my career for the rest of my life started here, and I didn't want to be late.

He sighed again, but agreed, I smiled gently at him, and he smiled back. Then, we headed for the elevators, hand in hand.

Luckily, we got an elevator to ourselves, I could tell Draco wanted to take advantage of the situation, but I gently communicated this to him, with an odd look and he understood. I kept my hand in his though, and tried to make conversation.

"I hope we can train together! It would suck if we couldn't even see each other. I probably wouldn't last till the end of the day without seeing you at least once."

"Yeah, hey! You're wearing that bracelet! Do you like it?" He asked tentatively.

"I love it!" I replied, "It's the prettiest thing I own! I'm never going to take it off. Thank you so much!" I half shouted, half tried to keep myself calm. He chuckled.

"I'm glad you like it. Oh, looks like we're here." he said some what disappointedly as the cool female voice announced this floor to be the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, including the Improper Use of Magic Office, Auror Headquarters and Wizengamot Administration Services.

We got off the elevator and looked around for some sort of sign that might point their way to our training. Almost immediately, we saw a huge banner above a table where two witches and two wizards were sitting reading:

'Welcome To All New Aurors!'

Draco and I started walking towards the table.

"Hi." Draco started, "I'm Draco Malfoy and this is my girlfr... friend Adrianna McMahon." One of the witches, with blonde hair and ringlets, looked at a surprisingly short list and found our names, naturally, one right under the other.

"You have to fill these out," She said in a strong Scottish accent, pushing some papers towards us, "and go through the second doors on the left of that hallway." She finished, pointing down a long and narrow hallway.

"Thank you very much!" I said.

"No, thank you." She said with a smile. I smiled back and turned away with Draco to the other end of the table that held some quills and ink. We had to let go of each others hands to fill out the forms. It was basically confirming the application we had filled out a month before, NEWT results, OWLs, references, the works. When I finished, I looked up at Draco, who was staring at me.

"Um...can I help you?" I asked, curiously.

"Yeah, you can take my hand again and walk with me to that room, please." He replied. I laughed and happily obeyed.

When we got in the room, there were a few other witches and wizards, including Harry Potter, and an older looking wizard who was writing his name on the chalkboard.

'Professor Molestein'

I looked at the clock, it read 9:00 exactly, phew! We were just on time. Professor Molestein turned around and began to call order. It didn't take long, everyone seemed to be nervous and wanted something to do.

"Right then." Molestein started, "As you all can see, my name is Professor Molestein. I will take attendance, and then I will hand out time tables and talk for a bit about your training. Hermia Berkers? Ah, there you are dear!" The list continued, there were sixteen students in total, I was a bit surprised, why didn't more people want to finish Voldemort off?

He started handing out time tables, I was confused at first, I had just left school, why was this like school too? Draco looked confused too, he shot a puzzled look at me, then at Molestein.

"Allright. Auror training will last for six months this term as there so little of you. This, as you might have noticed, is a little like school, you have your Potions classes, your Concealment classes, and everything else you need to become an Auror. This training will be divided into two semesters, three months long each. After your exams at the end of the first semester, you will have a week break before the new one starts.

"Hey! Ms McMahon, Mr Malfoy, please let go of each other at once! there will be no, I repeat, no public signs of affection during your training! And for that specific reason, I have made sure you have none of your classes together!" I was perplexed. All we had been doing was holding hands! We weren't hurting anyone! The truth sunk in, Draco and I were separated. Still, the old coot continued,

"You are expected to be here promptly at 9:00 am and classes end at 2:30pm. Any questions?" The small group of people seemed to intimidated to speak. "Right then, you can all go to your assigned classes." I made sure his back was safely turned before I kissed Draco on the lips and walked out side with his hand back in mine.

I looked at my timetable for your first class, it was Character and Aptitude. I looked sadly at Draco, hoping that silly little man was lying when he said we would be in separate classes.

"Potions?" He said hopefully. I shook my head sadly.

"Character and Aptitude." He looked heart broken. You had to cheer him up, it pained me to see my life long friend look this sad!

"Hey, chin up! Only three more hours till lunch break!" He looked happier, then kissed me one last time before we went your separate ways.