Take My Hand

Chapter 14

"It's scary how deserted these streets are." I whispered, holding Brendon's hand tighter for the feeling of security as we walked along the dark and empty street which resembled the type of street you see in movies, after a swarm of zombies had just bombarded all of the homes. Windows were broken, hardly any of the street lamps worked and the pavement was cracked making me trip every once in a while. "Why do you walk down here alone?" I asked just out of curiosity.

"I come down here because then no-one will see me." He replied smoothly.

"But if you didn't smile, no-one would be able to tell you're a vampire." I pointed out.

"True, but isn't it better to be alone?"

"Not necessarily. Someone could hurt you when you're alone and no-one will be there to help you."

"Necessarily. If you're alone then no-one can hurt you. Being alone is when no-one is around you. If someone hurts you, then you're obviously not alone, silly."

"Good point. I'd never hurt you though." I sighed as I wrapped my arms around him in a sideways hug, continuing to walk.

"And I'd never hurt you. I wont let anyone hurt you, I promise." Brendon whispered, before kissing me on the temple.

We continued to walk along the creepy road. As we walked further and further down the paving, the street became less and less dilapidated. The street that we were now walking along was now more picturesque. It was the typical sub-Urban street, full of medium, two story high houses with the pretty white picket fence that surrounded a house. These are the kind of houses I would like to live in. Not like the over-sized house I live in now. Who needs that much space? It's just greed. We don't even use half of it.

Brendon stopped abruptly in front of one of the green, pristine lawns, staring up at the scenic house. I began staring with him, trying to figure out what he was looking at. Eventually, after not figuring out what it was I asked, "What are you looking at?"

"This house brings back memories. Some good. Some bad. This is where me and my family used to live." He replied, not taking his eyes away from the house.

"Seriously? Brendon, it's beautiful. It really is." I said pecking his cheek. "It must be hard looking at this house. Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'd show you the inside, but I can't. I'm not quite sure who lives here now."

"How do you know someone lives here? Maybe, we could sneak in." I suggested.

"There's a car in the driveway. Boy, you're not very bright today, are you?"

"Oh, sorry. It's like, 2:00, in the morning. My brain doesn't function that well, this time of the day."

"Speaking of time, I think we should start heading back. We've got school tomorrow. Oh joy!" He shouted, smiling sarcastically.

"Ugh. I suppose so. Will you wait for me at the corner of the road, so we can walk together?" I asked.

"No."

"What? Why?!"

"Christ, I'm just kidding! You're gullible and stupid, in the morning."

"Gee, thanks." I said sarcastically.

"You're welcome."

"You're an asshole." I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest. We were now back in the ruined street, but not feeling as scared as I was before. Maybe because I knew where I was going now.

"Takes one to know one."

"I'm not an asshole!"

"Fine then. The first one to that lamppost, down there, is not an asshole. Fair?"

"Fair enough."

"1-2-3 Go!" Brendon shouted before sprinting off down the road. I immediately regretted making this bet, since Brendon was a way faster runner than I. My legs might have been long, but they sure didn't work that fast. While Brendon was almost near the end, I was far behind him. Suddenly, two pairs of arms grabbed me. Before I could scream, one of them covered my mouth making it hard for me to breathe. My eyes squeezed shut, when I let out a scream, but it just came out muffled. It was way too dark to see any features on the two mens faces, just the silhouette of their bodies. I was dragged viciously into an even darker alleyway, then down a set of stairs into, what looked like, a large basement.

A single light flickered on in the center of the room, followed by the sound of footsteps tapping against the concrete floor. Soon after, a familiar figure of which the footsteps belonged to stepped into the beam of light which came from the bulb above him.

"Hello again, Belle."
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Not like?
Comments?
I've decided, I think I want some banners for this story. So if you get bored and you want to do something, you can make me banners. You don't have to, if you don't want to. I was just thinking it would be nice to see some.
Any who, school was boring as usual.
It's been pouring down all week! I've been getting soaked everyday and I'm surprised that I don't have a cold. Do you know what would make me feel better? Comments!
Love you loads like Oreos, Mel xxx