Take My Hand

Chapter 17

Last night, after washing and cleansing all of the wounds on my body, I only managed to get around an hours sleep. The sleep wasn't exactly refreshing either. The cuts on my face hurt every time the pillow touched them by accident. I found it hard to move around to get comfortable, because every time I did so, there was a part of my body that would put me through agony. It was the first time in a a long period of time that I hadn't had a dream. Or a nightmare. Whatever you want to call it. The dreams always consist of me and Brendon, running along a dark and empty path. I would be grabbing his hand tightly, as he pulled me along. I'd always end up tripping over something, whether it be a trunk of a tree or my own silly feet, I'd trip either way. When I reach out my hand to hold Brendon's, it's as if I can't reach him. Either something is holding him back or something is holding me back. We both try so hard to reach other, but it's not possible. Just when I think I'm going to reach his hand, I wake up. I don't know what the dream is supposed to mean, but it's re-occurring and it never fails to freak me out. Even though the dream if very blurry and vague, I can't help but feel as if something bad is going to happen.

I groaned as I rolled over in my bed, realizing it was time to get up, but then I soon realized I wasn't attending school today. I was relaxing at Brendon's house. I slowly got up from my bed, trying not to hurt myself in the doing. I slipped into something that was comfortable and easy to get in. I tried my best to cover up the scars on my face and to look half decent. After caking on the foundation over my face, the gashes were only faint, but I doubted that my mother wouldn't notice them. She has eyes like a hawk. She notices everything! Just when I had finished screwing the cap back onto the foundation, my mother walked into my room.

"Good. You're up." My mother started as she leaned against the frame of my door. "What's that?" Great she's noticed. She took a few steps into my room and over to me, near my vanity set. "What are these cuts all over your face? How did you do this? Who did it?" She questioned as she grabbed my face and ran her finger tips along the sores.

"It's nothing, mother." I answered. "You'd find it silly, if I told you."

"Just tell me, what you did."

"Uh, I fell out of the bed." I replied quickly. Lied even. "Yeah, it was pretty painful too. I'm alright now though." I informed her. She eyed my suspiciously, but believed me none the less.

"Okay, then. As long as you're okay. Come downstairs for some breakfast." She ordered as she continued to glare at me in a suspicious manor. I followed out of my bedroom as she turned and left. Because of me being so tired, I almost fell down the whole flight of stairs, but managed to save myself on the banister before I could trip. My mother shot me a quick glance behind her to see if I was alright, but continued to walk when she realized I had regained composure. She didn't bother to question if I was alright or not.

After I had finished eating my breakfast and almost falling asleep in my cereal multiple times, I dragged my feet across the floor to front door as my mother followed me.

"Have a good day at school, Belle."

"I will." I said, trying not to sound too excited, knowing I wasn't actually going to school. "Bye!" I shouted as I reached the bottom of my house. The door closed as I turned the corner for Brendon's house. I hurriedly walked down the cobble path to Brendon's front door and knocked on the painted white wood, waiting for an answer.

Brendon answered the door, looking energized and fully dressed. No words were exchanged as he opened the door wider for me to enter. I followed him down the hallway towards his bedroom and watched him slide underneath the sheets of his bed. I kicked off my shoes and unzipped my jacket, while he patted the bed beside him, wanting me to join him in bed. I happily agreed to join him underneath the blankets, feeling exhausted.

"Good morning." Brendon whispered as he kissed my forehead and wrapped his arm around my body and held my hand tight. It was weird how I could feel so protected, with him simply holding my hand. The tiniest grip of his hand made me feel safe and secure. That was the last thing I remember before I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

It was noon when I awoke. I was in the exact same position I was in before I fell asleep, in Brendon's arms. I looked up at Brendon, who was gazing down at me. "Nice sleep?" He asked as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Great." I smiled as I breathed in his scent.

"You look beautiful when you sleep."

"Thank you? Why were you watching me sleep?"

"I had nothing else better to do."

"Why didn't you go back to sleep?"

"I don't sleep."

"You don't or you can't?" I questioned.

"Don't. I think sleeping is a waste of time. I don't need it. I could sleep if I wanted to, I just choose not to." He explained.

"Weird." I mumbled as I snuggled into him more. He laughed slightly, while stroking my hair, gently. "I love being with you."

"Why?"

"I love the way you make me feel. I feel safe when I'm with you. I don't know how you do it, but you manage to make me feel warm on the inside and out. You probably think I'm weird for saying this, but it's just the way I feel." I admitted, feeling foolish for telling him something like that. That's exactly how I felt about him though. My feelings for him were stronger than any other feelings I had for other people. That's the scary thing. I think my feelings for him are so strong, that it might end up with me getting hurt. Or I might just be paranoid. It's scary how dependent I am for him. I trust him with my life, considering he's saved it numerous times. But I feel as if I might be getting into deep with him. That dream that I keep having, must be trying to tell me something. But, what?

The entire afternoon was spent mindlessly talking about nothing in particular. We stayed in bed as I lay in his arms staring into his chocolate brown eyes. Eventually the time had come for me to go home, to see my beloved family.

"I might come into your room tonight, if I get bored. So expect someone to be knocking on your window, late at night." Brendon warned.

"Okay, I'll see you tonight then." I smiled and kissed him softly on the lips, while I stood on my tip toes. "Bye, I love you."

He looked down at me and said, "I love you too."

I walked off down the road to my house after waving Brendon goodbye. When I opened the door to the house my mother was already at the door with her arms crossed, staring daggers at me. I knew that she had found something to nag at me about. What was it this time?

"What is it, mother?" I asked, politely.

"I just got a call from your school. They wanted to know the reason for you not being there today. I would like to know the same thing, young lady!" She shouted at me. Busted! What was I in for now? "Are you just going to stand there, gawking at me?! I need an answer! Where have you been all day?! And don't lie to me, I know when you are lying!"

"I've been at Brendon's." I replied, truthfully.

"I thought I told you not to see him again. What were you doing there?"

"Nothing! I just fell asleep, okay? I was tired, so I just fell asleep, then we talked and then I came back here."

"You were supposed to be at school, Belle!"

"I know I was but, I just couldn't stand being in that place today. It's a dreadful thought."

"I know it is, Belle, but you can't truant whenever you feel like it! You have to go to get a good education!" She lectured me. "I don't like you seeing this Brendon boy. I think he's creating a bad influence on you."

"Mother, he's not creating a bad influence on me! He makes me feel safe! You can't not let me see him. It's not fair!" I tried to reason with her.

"What's all the commotion about?" I heard my fathers voice ask as he walked down the stairs, his shoes tapping against the marble steps.

"Our daughter has been truanting school to meet up with a boy named, Brendon, who I think is a bad influence on her." My mother explained. My fathers eyes widened with mention of Brendon's name. I glared at him confused, on why he was acting this way. "What's the matter, Carl?" Mother asked.

"Nothing. It's nothing." He replied, shaking his head slightly.

"Are you sure? You're acting rather strange."

"Yeah, I'm fine." He reassured. "So, Belle. How long have you known this, Brendon for?" He asked, stammering.

"Since the start of this school year. He's new. Why?"

"N-No reason." He stuttered. He was acting peculiar. Why was he so curious about Brendon? "Belle, please go to your room. We'll talk with you later."

"Fine." I sighed as I stomped up the stairs. Why was my father acting so strange? What did he have against Brendon? Something really strange was going on and curious me, wanted to know what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Not like?
I like comments.
Banners?
Elliot Minor, were awesome!
I think my new obsession is, Robert Pattinson. :P Yummy!
Anywho...
Halloween is almost here...scary!
Love you lots like jelly tots, Mel xxx