Take My Hand

Chapter 2

"Rise and shine, Belle." I heard my mother's voice echo in my head. I slowly opened my eyes to see a big blur, so I blinked a few times to get my vision back. There she was standing at the doorway looking happy and cheerful, while I was still slumped in my bed looking groggy and moody. "It's time for school." You think I don't know that, I thought to myself. I would never dream of saying that out loud. She'd kill me for sure. "Come downstairs for breakfast when you're ready."

I nodded my head and dragged my body away from the extremely welcoming bed. My mother closed the door behind her, so she gave me some privacy to get dressed. I chose to wear, black flats, a black skirt and a black and white striped t-shirt. I did the usual hair and make-up, which assisted of black mascara, black eyeliner and clear lip gloss. I straightened my mid length blond hair and placed a white head band in it. I was ready to go.

I tried to sneak out the house so I could get away without having breakfast, but no such luck. My mother caught me, "And where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going to school, mother." I replied, innocently.

"But you need to have your breakfast first. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." She lectured, practically dragging me towards the bar stool. "I wont take no for an answer. Besides, Agnes has kindly made you your toast." Agnes was the house maid, who basically did everything around the house. Sometimes I wonder what it actually is that my mother does in her spare time.

"Fine, I'll eat the toast." I groaned, immediately regretting it. My mother shot me a glare that would have scared a new born baby.

"Stop with the bad attitude, young lady!" She exclaimed.

"Sorry." I mumbled quietly and slowly chewed on my toast. I glanced down at my watch, noticing that I was slightly late for school. I grabbed the second piece of toast on the plate and jumped up off the bar stool. "Bye, mother! I got to go. I'm late for school." I informed, then briskly walked out of the house, while eating the toast.

"Bye!" I heard my mother shout as I left the house. It felt good to get outside of the house, finally. All summer long I had been imprisoned in that house and finally being free felt like the best feeling anyone could ever have. Why I wasn't allowed out was beyond me. My parents came up with the same excuse time after time. 'The streets of Las Vegas are too dangerous for the likes of a young, fragile girl like myself'. Frankly, I was quite sick of it. They treat me like a baby. I just want to get outside and interact with other human beings that aren't in the same household as me.

By the time I had reached the school, there were only a few people still waiting outside of the building. Most of the students had already entered, fearing that they might be late for the first day of school. As soon as you enter the building, you're facing the secretaries office, where all the new kids, sick kids and naughty kids go. Outside of the office there was a boy sitting on one of the benches placed near the door. I had never seen him before in this school. His hair was dark brown, but almost looked black that was swept to the side. He had amazing chocolate brown eyes and the most beautiful, full lips. It wasn't until he started staring back at me that I noticed I was staring at him. I shook my head out of the daze and continued walking towards my class. As I walked down the corridor, I couldn't get that new kid out of my head. It was weird how much of an impact he created on me and I didn't even know his name.

"Hey, Belle." A few students said as I passed them in the classroom. I just simply smiled at them and continued walking. There were so many people I could have sat next to, but I decided to go to the back of the room by myself where no-one could bother me.

"Welcome, class. I hope you all enjoyed the summer holidays." My snobby teacher, Mrs Granger, smiled. I hated smiley teachers. Why do they have to be so cheery first thing in the morning? "I hope this yea-" She began but was cut off by the head teacher bursting through the classroom door scaring almost everyone in the class.

"Sorry, for the intrusion Mrs Granger but there's a new student here." Mr White apologized, his voice booming through out the classroom. He stepped aside to let the new student enter the room. It was him. The nameless boy that I had saw earlier near the secretaries office. He stood at the doorway, nervously tucking his hands into his pockets and swaying from side to side not being able to keep still.

"Oh, really. So what is your name, young man?" Asked Mrs Granger, with a cheesy grin plastered across her face. You could tell that she had taken an immediate liking to Brendon, even though he had barely done anything.

"I'm Brendon. Brendon Urie." He replied. I heard a few snickers coming from my fellow class mates as he pronounced his last name. I frowned at them for their immatureness, even though they couldn't actually see my frown since I was sitting all the way in the back.

"Ha ha, Urie." I heard Brian Windmill chuckle. This is what really got to me. If he was going to make fun of someone else's name, he should make sure his last name sounds better.

"Shut up, Windmill!" I shouted across the room at him, making him jump slightly. I think I shocked a few people in the class, but I didn't care, I was pissed. Brian looked thoroughly scared, but once again, I didn't care.

"Belle! Please restrain yourself from shouting across the classroom to reach a classmate. It can wait till after class!" Mrs Granger lectured.

"Sorry, Mrs Granger." I apologized.

"So, Brendon. Why don't you take a seat next to," Mrs Granger began, but paused to search for an empty space, her eyes shot to the seat next to mine. Well there goes my privacy. "Ah, yes! Belle. Go sit next to Belle at the back of the room."

Brendon nodded and casually walked to the seat next to me. As the teacher talked about how we should behave this year, Brendon whispered to me, "Thank you."

"Don't mention it." I said, immediately understanding what he was thanking me for.

"I'm Brendon." He smiled at me. His smile was amazing. Wait, what? Why am I staring at his teeth like a weirdo? He probably thinks I'm a creep.

"Yeah, I know." I said after snapping out of my day dream.

"Oh, right. May I ask what your name is?"

"I'm Belle." I replied.

"Belle?" He questioned, his chocolate brown eyes staring into my hazel ones.

"My mother has this slight obsession with Disney films." I laughed slightly.

"Oh. It suits you."

"How so?" I asked a bit unsure of what he was getting at.

"You know what Belle means in french, right?"

"Yeah, I know what it means, I'm not retarded. Are you calling me beautiful?" I asked, feeling myself blush at the cheeks.

"Maybe." He replied and smiled again, flashing those lovely pearly whites. I didn't say anything back. I just smiled at him speechless and bashful. I probably looked like a tomato or something, judging by how hot my cheeks were feeling.

The school bell rang, indicating that it was time for first period.

"So, Brendon. I guess I'll see you around."

"Will do." With that said, we both parted ways in the corridor and once again I couldn't get my mind off him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Not like?
Comment, please.
What was your favorite part?
Anything you didn't like?
Oh my god! Brendon was in this one!
It will get more exciting, don't worry.
Lots of love, Mel xxx