Take My Hand

Chapter 5

I wasn't able to take my mind off Brendon, once again. What's wrong with me? I've barely known him for two days and my mind is obsessing over him. He was so bold, but yet so mysterious. There was something about him, something in his eyes that made me so curious. You could get lost into those big, beautiful, brown eyes. Oh, what a surprise, I'm fantasizing about it eyes again.

I was currently in the girls restroom just to gussy myself up as I looked in to the mirror. I wasn't the only one in there, for I could hear two female voices coming from a near-by cubicle. Obviously they were truanting the current lesson, just to have a drag of a cigarette. They were talking rather loud, so I wasn't struggling to listen to what they were saying. I couldn't help but listen to what they were talking about.

"Have you seen that new kid?" One girl asked. They were obviously talking about Brendon, unless there was another kid that had enrolled in this school but that was highly unlikely. It's only every two years that someone new comes and why, I ask myself. Who would want to come to this school full of posh snobs, who have way too much money for their own good. Yes, I'm complaining about my financial state again, get over it.

"Oh yeah, I have. Brendon, I think. He is so cute!" Another girl replied, putting emphasis on the word 'so'.

"Ew, how? You know why he's here, right?" The first girl asked.

"Because he got forced to move."

"Yeah, but do you know why?"

"No. Why?"

"Because he tried to bite someone! How weird is that?!" She literally shrieked, in disgust. Some people make up some stupid garbage just to have something to talk about sometimes. What's their problem? Why would Brendon do something like that? It's just stupid.

"Ugh, that's disgusting. Why did he do that?!"

"Because he's a freak." To stop myself from dragging those two shit talkers out of that cubicle by their hair, I walked out of the restroom so that I didn't have to listen to anymore of that crap. There must be a more serious reason to why Brendon had to move school. The look in his eyes when I asked him about it yesterday, showed that it was serious.

The school bell rang, indicating that it was time for all students to go home. I did my normal routine and waited at my locker waiting for everyone to pass by. Except Brendon, that is. I liked walking home with him. He talked to me on his own free will, not knowing about my family being rich. Hopefully he wont turn into all of those other jerks, the users. I spotted Brendon walking alone in a large crowd. Did that make sense? You'd understand if you saw it.

"Brendon!" I called out, loud enough for him to hear me over all of the other kids rampaging the corridors. He turned his head to my direction, then waved with a stupid grin on his face. "Come here!" I shouted. He obeyed and made his way over to me and my locker.

"What?" He asked, when he reached me. His lips were curled into a smile slightly, making his smile look crooked. That may sound creepy to you, but seeing it made my heart melt.

"Wait here with me, please. I want to talk to you." I pleaded, trying to give my best puppy dog eyes which always seem to fail on me. But since Brendon agreed to wait with me, it obviously means they worked, this time anyway. Me and Brendon began walking once the corridors were clear of any students.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Brendon asked, as he tucked his hands into his pockets.

"I wanted to thank you, for saving me today." I replied as I smiled at him, thinking of that moment earlier on today. I was grateful for him and I couldn't thank him enough for what he did.

"Again?" Brendon questioned, slightly agitated. "You've thanked me enough today. Seriously, it was no problem."

"I owe you one, Brendon." I stopped him from walking and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. He smiled, while his cheeks turned a shade of red. I smiled just because of how cute he was when he blushed. We continued walking after a few seconds of gazing into each others eyes.

"Is that all you wanted to talk to me about?" He asked, once the redness had gone from his cheeks.

"No. There's something else." I started. "I wanted to apologize. For yesterday. I didn't mean to intrude in your business, I just get curious sometimes. My mouth is too big for its own good and I'm sorry. If you don't want to answer my questions, you don't have to." When I had finished talking, I turned my head to look at Brendon. He was staring down at his shoes, with a hint of sadness in his eyes. I think I just upset again. I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut. "Brendon? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just don't want to talk about this, right now. Maybe another time?"

I nodded my head simply, but I could feel the word vomit coming up again. "Do you get lonely when you're at home? You don't live with anyone do you? You must get lonely. I can always come around to keep you company, you know?" I suggested.

"Yeah." Brendon replied, glumly. I cursed myself for asking the questions, yet again, upsetting him even more.

"Do you want me to come around, tonight?" I asked.

"No!" Brendon said, with his voice raised slightly. I turned to look at him quizzically. "I mean, no. It's just that my house is a complete mess. I wouldn't want someone as high class as you to see it."

"High class? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, in fake shock.

"You mentioned yesterday that your parents were loaded and also you act and look elegant and polite all the time. I just put two and two together and figured you were like that kind of people." He said with no hesitation in voice at all. He was pretty confident in himself to judge someone as 'high class' as me. "You probably even live in a house like that one." Brendon said, pointing towards a large house at the end of the street.

"Brendon. That is my house." I informed him, making his head turn and look at me in shock. I giggled slightly at his reaction.

"Seriously?! It's huge!"

"It's not that great. I think the smaller kind is more cozy. Yours is probably nicer than mine."

"I doubt it."

"Which house is yours?" I asked, once we had reached the turn-in that Brendon had walked down yesterday.

"That one there with stone path." He replied pointing towards a bungalow. Looking at it made me feel sorry for Brendon, imagining him being alone in that house. Then thinking of how ungrateful I am for all of my 'friends' and parents. He had no-one.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come around?" I asked him, once more.

"I'm sure, okay? I promise you, I'm alright by myself."

"Well...okay." I said defeated but still feeling bad for him. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly, surprising him probably. He slowly wrapped his arms around my shoulders not quite knowing what to do with them. "Goodbye, Brendon." I smiled as I broke away from the hug.

"Goodbye, Belle."
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Not like?
Good lord! It's 04:12 am! I'm crazy!
Comments?
I'm going to bed now, I'm tired.
I hope you're liking this story.
Love you lots like jelly tots, Mel xxx