Take My Hand

Chapter 6

"You're home later than usual." My mom said accusingly, pointing her manicured finger at me. I had hardly even took a step in to the house and already she was nagging at me for being a minute or so late. I blame Brendon, really. It's his fault for making me talk to him. Well not 'making me' Per Se, but just not being able to stop myself from talking to him.

"Am I?" I sighed, provoking her to give me a death glare. Which, may I add, was terrifying.

"Yes! Don't take that tone with me! Where have you been, young lady?!" She asked. She was so angry that her face was red and there was a single vein popping out on her forehead. It was quite funny to be honest, but this was no time to be laughing. I'd hate to face the consequences of laughing in this moment in time. "Answer me!"

"I was just talking to someone, mother." I replied.

"Who?"

"Brendon." I squeezed my eyes shut, thinking of what I had just gotten myself into. Yet again, my mouth had just gotten me into trouble. I think I might have mentioned before, that my mother doesn't really like me talking to boys. Why did I even mention him? She doesn't even know who he is. I could have just said, 'someone at school', but no. My big mouth just gets the best of me all the time.

"What?" She questioned, knowing exactly what had said. That's just her way of being intimidating and believe me it was. "You were talking to a boy? Who is this boy?!"

"He's really nice, mother. If you knew him you'd think the same."

"And just what is so nice about this boy?"

"He saved my life." Damn it! Why does that keep happening? I wish I had zip so I could zip my mouth shut. "This morning, I wasn't concentrating on the road. I would have gotten killed by a lorry if it wasn't for Brendon. He saved me."

"This is exactly why I don't want you to go out. Anything could happen! What if you had gotten killed by that truck today!"

"I didn't get killed though. I'm still alive aren't I? Mother, you can't keep me locked away in this house forever. This is my life and I need to get out of the house sometime." Even I couldn't believe where this was coming from. I had never even dreamed of speaking to my mother like this before and the weird thing was she didn't react anywhere near as bad as I thought she would.

"I can keep you in this house for as long as I want, madam. Now, go to your bedroom. You're grounded."

"Oh, yeah. It's not as if I'm not allowed out anyway."

"No you're not. Now, you've made it worse for yourself. You're not to leave your bedroom until further notice. Go!" My mother shouted as she pointed up the stairway. I opened my mouth to say something, but this time I managed to shut it before I got myself into even more trouble. I clenched my fists and stormed up the stairs making sure to make a loud bang on every step and to finish it off I slammed the door shut as hard as I could. I let out a piercing shriek as I collapsed face first on the bed, burying my head into a pillow, so no-one could hear my screams.

I've decided, I'm getting out of this house no matter what. I'm sorry mother, but you've made me do this dreadful thing. I'm sneaking out. I opened my bedroom window, which my mother had not yet thought of barricading, thank god. Fortunately, there's a porch below my bedroom window so I could easily just step on the rood of the porch and climb down the tree.

I managed to get out of the house without getting noticed, so I was finally on the street. The sun was setting, but still showing enough light for me to see my surroundings. That way I wouldn't get lost. I knew exactly where I was going. Brendon's. I know he told me not to, but I just want to see him. Keep him company.

Even though I was just across the road from his house, I could hear his music blasting out through the speakers. I felt sorry for his neighbors. I wonder if they ever complain. His door was slightly open, enough that you could see the living room, but I couldn't see him. I could hear him though. I heard him singing and I must add, his voice was unexplainable. It was so beautiful that words couldn't even explain it. I knocked on the door, doubting that he could hear it. I even tried shouting his name.

"Brendon!" I screamed. He still didn't hear me. I knew it was wrong, but I entered his house. His door was open and I just wanted to know if he was okay. I followed the sound of the music, probably leading to his bedroom. His bedroom door was open too, so I slowly peaked my head through. It was almost pitch black in his room. His windows were covered by the curtains only letting a tiny amount of light through. I could only just about see Brendon as he looked through some CD's in the corner of the room. He was facing away from me so he didn't see me come in let alone hear me.

He was singing along to Blink 182's, First Date, "Let's go, don't wait, this nights almost over, honest, let's make, this night last for...Belle!" He shouted when he noticed that I was watching and listening to him sing. He turned to face the wall again, so I couldn't see him. "What are you doing in here?!"

"Your door was open. I tried knocking, but you couldn't hear me. I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

I began to walk closer to him, but I stopped as he shouted, "No! You can't be here. I'm fine, okay? Please just go."

"Why is it such a big deal for me to be here? I'm just trying to be friendly and keep you company."

"I can't tell you. Belle, I'm begging you. Go."

"But, Bren-"

"Go!" He shouted, turning around for a millisecond, then turning back to face the wall. I must admit, it surprised me. I had never heard Brendon raise his voice like that. I slowly backed away from him and turned around to exit his house. I didn't feel upset for Brendon shouting at me. I just felt confused. Why was he so bothered about me being there? What was he hiding from me and why wasn't he looking at me? There must be a good reason behind this, to make Brendon so upset. I'm going to find out what it is. I'm determined.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Not like?
I didn't really like this chapter. I don't know why. I think I'm going to like the next one though, so...
Comment?!
Stay tuned.
Love you loads like Oreos, Mel xxx