If I Only Had the Heart

o1.

“Mornin’ Mikes” Gerard padded into the kitchen, stifling a yawn.

Mikey smiled leaning on the kitchen table and continued pressing buttons into his phone before hitting send and replying, “Hey Gerard, sleep good?”

“Like a baby,” he smiled pouring himself a cup of coffee. “You?”

“I had this freaky dream. You know moms old sweater that she had left in our closet?” he referred back to when they used to share a room and Gerard nodded sitting down across from him “Yeah well turns out the ugly piece of flannel she called clothing was the boogie monster and so I’m like about to shit my pants right, and then he starts laughing and says ‘All I wanna do is boogie-oogie-oogie!’ and starts doing some retarded Michael Jackson dance! It was madness I swear, you had to be there.” Mikey laughed at his own imagination.

Gerard laughed, not at the ridiculous dream his brother was talking about but his facial expressions and arm movements that he used to detail his description.

“Interesting” he nodded before looking over the clock on the wall. It read 7:32 and he mumbled words he couldn’t even understand before standing up and excusing himself from the table. He trudged down into his room slipping on a pair of shoes, humming absentmindedly.

He wasn’t even sure if they were the same shoes but he didn’t care either, at least not at the moment. He still wasn’t fully awake and probably wasn’t going to be for another ten or fifteen minutes when the coffee decided to actually kick in.

He slowly walked up the stairs abandoning his coffee downstairs in his room where he knew his mother would pick the mug up and headed straight to the front door, stopping by a mirror on his way there. He admired his reflection think he looked damn good if he said so himself. Gerard was never one to think highly of himself but he had his days, every once in a while, where he’d clean up pretty well. Right now he wore the tightest pair of black jeans that he owned and his favorite shirt Mikey had bought him a while back. It was a simple navy blue shirt with the words ‘I Piss Excellence’ written on it. He loved the shirt so much solely for the fact that Mikey had thought to buy it for him.

“Hey I remember that shirt!” Mikey appeared behind him smiling.

“I bet you do,” Gerard chuckled turning around to look at his brother fully “You’re wearing that to school?” he asked teasingly.

“Oh shut up and come on!” Mikey grabbed Gerard’s arm pulling them both out of the door the cold air slapping him in the face making him literally stop which caused Gerard to run into him and he stifled a laugh. “Dude it’s fucking freezing out here!” he exclaimed throwing his hands in the air.

“I know, I know. Now, Race you to the car!” Gerard took off with a head start.

“No fair!” Mikey yelled pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose before following his brother. It ended up in a tie, judging how his legs were longer than Gerard’s, it didn’t take much effort to beat him, but Gerard knew that too which is why started early in the first place. “Whatever, it was a tie anyway so you cheated for no reason!” Mikey stuck his tongue out at his brother like the fourteen year old he was.

Gerard simply reciprocated the gesture before unlocking the doors and letting them both in the car cranking the heat up to a maximum before pulling out of the driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
a little side project of mine
i already have five chapters written
whoa thats a biggie for me
anyway, enjoy guys!
comment & subscribe
[trust me it gets better]