The New Girl

Growing

Image
banner made by:SDA_hypercookie

A couple hours later the two of them were sitting under a huge tree, Arabella sat in between Draco’s legs, just enjoying the warmth of the afternoon. Nothing was said, nothing needed to be said. They both knew how the other felt, and at the time that was all that mattered.

Draco ran his fingers through Arabella’s hair, and smirked. “I told you so.” He whispered his mouth next to her ear.

“What?” Arabella asked turning her face to look at him.

“I told you you’d fall in love with me the day we met.” He replied.

She rolled her eyes, but smiled.
---
After a couple more minutes of sitting there Draco looked down and found Arabella asleep.

He smiled and picked her up. He walked with ease to her room. He stopped when he realized he didn’t know her password. He looked down at her peaceful face, and didn’t have to heart to wake her. He was about to turn when he saw Hermione walking towards him.

“What are you doing Malfoy?” She asked glaring at him.

“I’m bringing Bella to her room.” He answered.

Hermione was taken aback from the tender string in his voice. “Alright. I know her password.” She said stunned.

She walked towards the Unicorn, and it eyed her suspiciously. Hermione mumbled the password, and the door swung open.

“Thanks Granger.” Draco said as he breezed past her.

“Yeah no problem.” She replied staring in disbelief as Malfoy gently placed Arabella in her bed, and swept some hair from her face. Hermione walked out of the room still stunned.
---
Draco watched Arabella sleep. He was kneeled down on the floor hovering over her sleeping form. He took one of her hands in his, and resting his chin on top of them, his eyes still trained on her face.

“I love you Arabella… nothing will ever change that.” He whispered to her sleeping form.
---
The next morning Arabella woke up to the comfort of warm arms around her. She turned quickly to see Draco’s sleeping face. She smiled fondly at his disheveled appearance. His blonde hair was smattered, and his face looked nice and peaceful. She sighed again when she felt that pang of love on her heart. She knew this was wrong. It was wrong because she knew she was dying, and she knew she was going to hurt Draco. But somehow she couldn’t bring herself to deny it anymore.

She kissed his lips quickly, and his eyes flew open a smile on his face.

“Good morning.” He whispered moving some hair from her face.

“You stayed the whole night?” She asked resting her cheek on his chest.

“Well I had to go to the loo once.” He smirked at her.

She laughed and snuggled closer to him. “You’re so warm.” She sighed closing her eyes.

Their moment was interrupted by insistent banging on her door.

Arabella sighed frustrated as she sat up. “I’m coming!” She yelled jumping out of bed, shivering when the cold air touched her skin.

Once she opened the door Harry, Ron, and Hermione burst inside.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked grabbing her shoulders to look at her.

“I’m fine.” Arabella replied giving him a weird look.

“Hermione said Malfoy…” He trailed off as Draco himself came walking into the scene.

Harry and Ron glared at him. “What are you doing here?” Ron asked.

“He’s here with me.” Arabella answered taking his hand in hers. Draco beamed.

“Did you give her a potion? Is she under a charm?” Harry glared at him.

“Harry! I’m not under anything. Like Draco could actually do any of that to me… he’s not that smart.” She smiled at him.

“Did you guys-… have you guys?” Harry couldn’t finish.

“No!” Arabella exclaimed. “God Harry settle down! I’m with Draco because I want to be. I love him.” She explained slowly.

Harry and Ron stood there mouths open, and eyes wide.

“Wow!” Hermione breathed. “When did this happen Bella?”

Arabella shrugged. “It just happened.” She whispered.

Harry and Ron left the room without saying anything.

“Give them time.” Hermione whispered.
---
Once they were gone Arabella turned to Draco still holding his hand.

“That was brave Ara.” He smiled.

She shrugged. “Whatever, they’ll get over it.” She walked closer to be enclosed in his strong arms.

“Even if they don’t you’ll always have me.” He hugged her tighter.

“Always?” She asked.

“Always.” He nodded against her hair.

“Promise?”

“I promise.” He assured.
---
The weekend was abnormally sunny and Arabella and Draco walked the halls on their way outside.

“Why are people staring?” She asked.

“Because this is different for me.” He answered.

“Right, you’re usually a jerk.” She teased.

Draco rolled his eyes, but smiled.

“And you never smile.” She added touching his cheek.

He blushed, and she gasped.

“And you definitely do not blush!”

“Okay enough!” He said forcefully.

She raised an eyebrow at him.

“Please?” He asked.

“I’m your girlfriend teasing you is my job.”

“I thought that was the boyfriend’s job.”

“Nope. The boyfriend’s job is to always be there, and always love.” She replied seriously.
---
“What is this?” Blaise asked as he walked up to them.

Arabella glared at him. What was his problem?

“My girlfriend.” Draco answered. “Say what you’re thinking and you won’t be breathing.” He glared, his voice hard and commanding. This was his ‘leader’ voice. It was scary and usually made the First Years pee themselves.

Blaise’s eyes went wide, and he walked off without saying anything.

“What was that about?” Arabella asked stroking his arm.

Draco sighed. “Blaise told me that you had me whipped, and that I changed too much. I was afraid that I would lose my power, and that made me ignore you.” He answered not looking at her.

“Oh.”

“I needed to show him that us Malfoys are the boss.” He smiled at her.

“Oh yes.” She rolled her eyes. “So now you’re head-honcho again?”

“Pshh I always was.”
♠ ♠ ♠
eh note the best chapter. but tell me what you think! oh and what do you think of the AMAZING banner?? i wouldn't mind more BTW