A Magical Land in the Back of a Wardrobe? Cool!

A Magical Land in the Back of a Wardrobe? Cool!

It was a warm summer day and I was in the park practicing for gymnastics and well....thinking about a certain blue eyed boy...

"Steph! Wait up!" I heard coming from a voice that I knew so well. It came from my best friend, Susan Pevensie.

Susan and I had been friends for as long as I can remember and way longer than that! We've stuck with each other through thick and thin and nothing's going to change that.
I turned around and waited for her to catch up before I asked "How'd you know I was here?"

"You're always here and besides Peter was asking about you again." Susan said, teasing me.

Yes, normally Susan is pretty formal and stiff but I like to think I bring out the best in her!

"You always say that Sue. I think you just like to tease me." I said accusingly.

"Of course I like to tease you! What else are best friends for!?" She said before I interjected.

"Oh I don't know maybe companionship?" I interjected.

"I guess, but Peter really was asking about you." Sue said excitedly.

"Why would Peter ask about ME?" I asked her as if saying that Peter asking about ME of all people was ridiculous.

"Maybe because he really likes you!" Sue basically screamed.

"No he doesn't!" I replied sadly, you see I've liked Peter for years and he hasn't paid one spec of attention to me.

"Yes he does! I asked him why he was always asking about you and he said it was because he liked you! Actually I wasn't supposed to tell you but it's too late now." She yelled grabbing my arms and jumping.

"I really doubt that Sue." I told her. The thought of Peter liking me was ridiculous no matter how much I wanted it to be true.

I pulled away from Sue, as she sighed in exasperationand started to run the opposite direction. Sue stayed just where she was. She knew exactly what I was doing. As always. I ran and did a roundoff into a back tuck. I have to practice! My coach would yell if I didn't.

"I've got to get home!" I suddenly said.

"Why so you can watch Peter from your window?" Sue said once again teasing me.

"NO! My mum said I needed to be home by 4:30." I said blushing, and started running home.

"You better hurry!" Sue yelled after me.

I ran all the way home and made it just in time. When I got there my mum was waiting for me and was wringing her hands. She always did that when she was nervous. This couldn't be good.

"What's wrong mum?" I asked her worried.

"Well hun you're going to be leaving soon." She said with tears in her eyes.

"WHAT!?" I yelled with tears welling up in my eyes as well. "Why!?"

"It's not safe here anymore, darling. With the war going on and your father being drafted it's not safe here anymore. I don't what I would do if you got hurt." She said hugging me and sniffling.

"But what about Susan? She's my best friend! What am I supposed to do without her!?" I yelled pushing her away with tears falling from my eyes.

"I'm sorry, but you'll have to manage." She replied sadly.

I couldn't take it. I ran. It's what I do. Whenever some bad happens and I get really sad or angry I run. It helps me calm down, most of the time...
♠ ♠ ♠
Well? What do you think?!?!?! Tell me tell me tell me!!!!