Status: Completed.

A Flower in a Field of Weeds

Stupid Purity Ring

Image

Amity's Point of View
10,000 B.C. has got to be the worst movie in the entire universe. I fell asleep on Joe not twenty minutes into the thing and all of my romantic dreams about Joe happened to take place during that unfortunate time period. That is not cool. I was a cave woman! Then again, I did thank my subconscious for the wonderful image of Joe in a loin cloth- Anyway, it was an awful movie and I do not suggest it.

For whatever reason, (I think it was the bean dip and horrible movie) I began to wonder what happened the night I got drunk. There are always humorous stories to be shared when I get drunk. Apparently, I become pretty amusing so, when I woke up on Joe's lap, I decided I'd ask him about it.

I looked over to see that the T.V. was still on, at the main screen for 10,000 B.C. After glaring at it for a long period of time, I got up and attempted to walk over and turn it of. As expected, it didn't happen the way I wanted it to. I fell- tumbled, actually, over the small coffee table. I wasn't in physical agony but I did feel the pain of complete and utter embarrassment as Joe's head shot up, wide awake. His panicked eyes assessed the situation and he burst into laughter.

"Oh, shut up, Jonas." I muttered, turning of the T.V. He stiffled his laughter as I joined him on the couch. He looked over at me, his gorgeous brown eyes deep and loving and he whispered, "I'm glad you told me you loved me. I would have never been able to get the courage to do it- and we'd never be able to do this.." He kissed me softly but passionately and, for a moment, I forgot what I'd wanted to know. It could wait. Everything but Joe and I could wait.

He pulled away from me after a minute and sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked, worriedly. He looked back over at me and mumbled, "Don't get too mad, okay?" I nodded. "I won't." I promised, exposing my pinky to him. He gladly intertwined it with his own and kissed my cheek.

"Well, we both did some pretty stupid things when we were.. intoxicated.. " he began. It seems like my question will be answered. I was worried about what the answer would be, though- His tone was too solemn. "You basically through yourself at me- and, although I enjoyed it, I didn't do anything about it. I left you with Kevin and Nick and I just thought you should know what happened so it isn't brought up in the future to ruin us. I'd really hate for something like that to ruin us." he said, sighing.

It took a moment to take in. I threw myself at him. How completely embarrassing? I opened my mouth to speak but couldn't. Nothing came out. "Oh, please, don't be mad at me- I just didn't want to-" he began, taking hold of my hands. I shook my head and interrupted him. "I'm not mad at you, Joe. I'm proud of you, actually- I'm just disappointed in myself. I thought I had more self-control than that." I replied.

He smiled. "You were drunk, Amity. You were very, very drunk. It wasn't your fault. You have wonderful self-control. For example, when I was more than ready to make love to you the other day, you fought the urge to shower with me. I couldn't control myself but you did." he said, smoothing my hair.

I froze and stopped breathing for a moment. "You really did want to have sex?" I gasped. He nodded and his face turned slightly red. "But you saved my purity and, for that, Amity Bane, I thank you." he said and smiled down at me. He wanted to have sex with me. He really did. Knowing that, made me suddenly aware of my desire for him, too.

I hate his stupid purity ring. I hate my stupid virginity.