Status: Completed.

A Flower in a Field of Weeds

Happy Birthday

Image

Joe's Point of View
"Joey?" I heard Amity call softly. I must have fallen asleep. I opened my eyes and smiled. She was leaning over me with her fingers in my hair. "Get up, my legs are losing blood." she giggled, pushing me slightly. I laughed and sat up, realizing I'd fallen asleep on her lap. The plane had stopped and it was time for us to get off.

As soon as she stood up, she grasped the back of the seat in front of us for support. She looked over at me with wide eyes and asked, "Good God, Joe! How fat is your head?" I laughed and lifted her bridal style. "Joe!" she whined. "My stuff!" She pointed down at the bags below. I shrugged. "Kevin, carry her stuff." I said and continued to carry her, ignoring Kevin's groan.

"You treat him like a slave. You know, one day, your brother is going to.. divorce you." she declared, nuzzling her head into my neck. "Divorce me?" I questioned and chuckled. She nodded simply and wrapped her arms around my neck.

She took a deep breath and mumbled, "Joe, my birthday is tomorrow." I almost dropped her right then. "What?!" I asked, shocked. "Why didn't you tell me? We need to throw you a party-" I began, panicked. How am I going to get Demi and Selena to come on such short notice? I have to get her a wonderful present and-

"I hate parties." she whispered. "So, can we just keep it between you and me? Demi knows but she'll send a present or something. All I want for my birthday is a little bit of time alone with you." she said and smiled slightly. I could tell that she would be perfectly happy with that, too. So would I but she deserved more. She's getting a party whether she wants one or not- and she'll like it, I decided.

I nodded. "I guess." I replied, playing along. Her eyebrows furrowed together. She didn't believe me. "I am serious, Joe." she said, sternly. "If you throw a party for me, I'll rip out your jugular and feed it to some hungry hobo on the streets of L.A. Do you understand me, Joseph?" I burst into laughter. She was a strange person. "Yes, I understand." I replied kissing her forehead. She relaxed in my arms. "Good." she muttered, quietly, thinking she won. I can't wait to see her face when I throw her the best party the world has ever seen.

"I can feel my legs now, Joe. You can put me down." she said and yawned. "What makes you think I care if your legs regained feeling? I just like to carry you." I said, smiling down at her. She was extremely light. She giggled. "Put me down!" she whined. I threw her over my shoulder. "Never!" I replied and began to run through the airport.

Suddenly, I tripped over someone's luggage and collapsed, trying to regain my balance so Amity wouldn't get hurt. Her fall was only about two feet because I leaned down so much and she began to laugh hysterically as I collapsed on her. "Joseph, you klutz." she giggled. I smiled and brushed a stray piece of hair from her face. "Oops." I muttered and kissed her. She gently pushed me off and murmured, "Let's not give the paparazzi what they came to see."

I sighed and helped her up. "Later." she whispered, winked and skipped out the airport door towards the limo. Later.

Amity's Point of View (Later)
"Amity, surprise!" I heard Demi call as she opened the door to the hotel room I shared with Joe. The Jonases were doing sound-check for their portion of the concert and I was just writing lyrics on the bed. "Demi!" I cried excitedly and jumped over to her, enveloping her in a hug. She smiled. "Two surprises, actually." she said. "There's me, of course, and.. this." She pressed a box to my chest.

I smiled. "Thanks, Demi, but you really didn't-" I began. "Psh. My present is a lot bigger, sweetie. That isn't from me." she said. "Well, who is it from?" I asked, puzzled. She rolled her eyes. "Open it and find out. Like I know!" she cried and tapped on the box excitedly. I laughed at her enthusiasm and began to open the box.

Lyrics. A whole box of beautiful lyrics. Hesitantly, I took a page from the box and immediately recognized the hand-writing. Such beautiful words as, "Two bare legs
And a smile upon her face
Green eyes dancing in amusement
As our fingers lace
And I am so in love with her
So in love with her

She calls my name
And I get the chills
Excitedly awaiting to touch her face
Because I love how her skin feels
And I am so in love with her
I am so in love with her"
came straight from Jared's pen.
♠ ♠ ♠
The wonderful poem came from my wonderful friend, Tyler. :)
And I think I've got a good hold on the story line now. :D
Sorry for the lateness. School sucks like a vacuum.