Status: Completed.

A Flower in a Field of Weeds

Tell Me the Truth

Image

Amity's Point of View
"Who are they from?" Demi asked, rummaging through the lyrics. I caught her hand, afraid she'd, by some miracle, recognize the hand-writing if she looked for any longer. "I don't know." I lied.

"Well, they aren't from Joe." she replied, her tone a bit worried. "Amity, who else would have sent them? Someone close enough to you to know when your birthday is has got to know you have a boyfriend, right? So, this means that, whoever sent them, doesn't care. That's a sign of insanity in my opinion." I thought it over. Jared was definitely not insane. He just thought he could save me.. from myself and, more importantly, pop stardom.

Demi looked at me expectantly. "What?" I asked, confused. She rolled her eyes. "I asked you who else could have sent them." she answered, placing the top on the box. "Oh. I don't know." I replied.

She placed the box beside the bed on the floor and sighed. "Amity, I know when you are lying to me and you are right now. What's going on?" she asked, her eyes softening. Would it be so bad to tell Demi? She's my best friend. She'd understand. I took a deep breath and let it out. "I saw Jared a few days ago." I breathed.

Her eyes widened and she grabbed the box again, removing the top and examining the lyrics. "And he wrote these for you?" she asked although she already knew. I nodded. She looked up at me. "Amity, be completely honest with me. Do you still have any feelings for him?" she asked, bracing herself for my explosion.

There was no explosion. She had the right to ask that question. There were still feelings- but none like I felt for Joe. My head was scrambling to sort through my thoughts for the correct words to answer the question but, instead, I stringed together nonsensical words into an inaudible sentence.

"Amity, answer me." Demi, demanded gently. Hesitating, I explained, "Yes, I do. He was my first love and there will always be of importance to me. There's always going to be that emotion. There will always be that what if. What if I was good enough for him? But, Demi, Joe is everything to me. Compared to Joe, Jared means absolutely nothing."

She smiled, slightly. "Tell me about you and Joe." she said. I was happy to do so. The Jared issue could wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was a boring chapter but it explained Amity's emotions so it was worth it to post. :)
I hope you guys liked it.
Image