Status: Completed.

A Flower in a Field of Weeds

Well, That Sucks

Image

Joe's Point of View
"Amity isn't here." Kevin repeated, panicked. Amity isn't here. Amity isn't here. Where would she go? Why isn't she here? Its her birthday party and everyone is here but her. Everyone- Demi, Selena, my brothers, Metro Station- "Demi!" I cried. She has to know where Amity is. She's been nervous all night.

Her eyes widened and she looked up at me, trapped. She dodged under the table and I caught her by the arm on the other side. "Where is she, Demi?" I asked her sternly. Demi gasped. "I have no idea what you are talking about. Where is she? Don't ask me because I don't know. Why would I know? Let's eat the cake!" she ranted.

"Demi." I repeated. She gave in. "She's probably at the air port by now.." she muttered. What?! "Why would she be at the airport?" I asked, terribly confused. Why would she leave? Where is she going?

"Joe," Demi pleaded in a whisper. "You won't like it. Just drop it and wait for her to come back. She'll come back. I know her- She'll come back." She didn't sound too sure. I got extremely worried. She pulled her arm away from my grasp and sighed. "But I know you, too, and I know you love her too much to just let this go. And I know that, if she doesn't come back, you won't make it." she whispered.

"Demi, where is she?" I pressed. I had to know. Where could she go that would make Demi worry about her return?

Demi sighed. "Joe, she went to see Jared." she muttered. My heart sank. Until now, I'd forgotten about him; pushed him from my thoughts. And, to think, I believed her. I believed her when she said she didn't love him and, more importantly, when she said she loved me. What a joke.

I grabbed my jacket and ran out. I had to get to her. I wasn't sure what I was going to do but I had to get to her. I had to, maybe, convince her that I was better than him- that she could love me. But how could anyone as perfect as her love me? All I am is a cookie cutter pop star.

She's much more than a pop star. She could be the greatest rock star in the world and I was holding her back. Jared knew her, though. He knew who she had the potential to be. I never saw it until now. I just hope it isn't too late.

"Joe! Wait! You don't understand!" Demi called from behind me. I couldn't stop to hear reason. I couldn't let Amity get to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its short but suspenseful and early. :)