Status: Completed.

A Flower in a Field of Weeds

If She Ever Returns To Me

Image

Joe's Point of View
"Where in God's name is she?!" the staff was shouting, frantically looking around the place. No one but Demi and I knew and Demi headed home. I kept my lips pursed, hoping I wouldn't have to say anything. I hoped she'd walk through those metal double doors and run into my arms, telling me she loved me more than anything- guaranteeing me our future that I wanted so desperately.

But those doors remained closed and my arms remained vacant and my eyes grew darker and the staff became more and more frantic. All I could do was sit on the edge of the stage. The thought didn't cross my mind until afterwards that there was a concert tonight and Amity was expected to play with us. It never occurred to me that I could really be losing her forever until now and it didn't come into my mind that I'd truly die without her until I didn't see her walk through those doors.

Finally, Kevin stopped abruptly in front of me, cutting off my view of the door. "Joe, what the hell are you doing?! Why aren't you looking for her?!" he cried. Then, his eyes narrowed. "You know where she is." he concluded and ran a hand through his hair. "Where the hell is she?" he asked. I ignored him, craning my head slightly to the side to watch the door. Yes, it was pathetic but I couldn't take the idea of her not coming back to me.

"Damn it, Joe, what's going on?!" he cried, throwing his hands in the air and gaining the attention of everyone in the room. They all stopped and looked at me for an answer. Defeated, I replied, "She isn't coming back." I whispered it, afraid that, if I'd said it any louder, my voice would falter under the weight of my emotions.

"What do you mean? Where did she go?" Kevin asked. His voice was softer than before. He understood that I was in pain. Before I could answer, the doors opened. I can't describe all of the emotions that flew through my body in the instant that I saw her gorgeous face, flushed from the cold outside. Happiness, relief, surprise-

I hopped off the stage and ran to her, unable to control my body as I took her in my arms and kissed her hard. She returned the kiss, wrapping her fingers in my hair and pressing herself to me closely. She came back. She came back.

She pulled away slightly but I wasn't ready to stop kissing her. I let my lips trail down to her neck, uncaring about the audience we'd obtained and she didn't seem to mind. "Joe, I am so sorry I left." she whispered. "I love you- I knew I did. I just had to be sure and, now, I am. I love you. You are my future." And she was mine.

With slight reluctance, I stopped kissing her, letting her subtle taste rest on my tongue as I whispered, "Marry me." We were only nineteen but I knew it and I knew she knew it. We were meant to be together.. always. Her eyes widened for a split second before her lips curved into a smile. "Y-Yes-" she breathes, pressing her lips to mine again and trying to talk at once. "Yes. Yes. Yes."

Applause erupted from around us but I hardly noticed. I was too wrapped up in her as she was in me. Everything was perfect. Everything was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment, damn you. :P