Status: Completed.

A Flower in a Field of Weeds

Pierce the Veil

Image

Joe's Point of View (a few months later)
"Kevin, Kevin, KEVIN! Damn it, help me!" I cried, nervously. How can I get married if there are no rings? I can't believe Nick lost the rings. He lost the damn rings!

"Cool your jets, Joe, I am looking." he said, lifting the mattresses on the couch and searching through the coats. I stopped my frantic searching abruptly, standing before the mirror, ashamed. How can she marry me? She's so perfect and I've already failed her. Maybe this was a sign that she deserved better. I couldn't keep track of a simple ring and allowed my body to refuse to look for it. I couldn't move.

"Joe?" I heard Kevin's voice call. "Found it." He pulled out my hand from my stiff body and laid the ring in my palm. It wasn't really about the ring anymore. It was about the beautiful punk rock princess about to marry the plain pop star. "Cold feet?" Kevin asked. Something like that. "Look, you and Amity love each other a lot. You have absolutely nothing to be worried about her. We found the ring- Now, all that is holding you back from sharing a future with her is... yourself." he whispered. "I'll wait outside, bro." With that, he left the room.

He was right. I stood a few more moments in from of the mirror to look at the man who would marry the girl I loved. I decided maybe he did deserve her. Maybe she wanted him and, if that were true, why should I stop them from getting married? I'm done speaking about myself in third person now- I suppose I am just nervous. Amity knows what she wants, though, and, as far as I am aware, she wants me. And I want her as well.

Finally, I gained the courage to leave the room. I met Kevin in the hallway and he smiled. "Alright, here we go." he muttered. "See you in a few minutes." He entered the altar and took a seat. Almost immediately after him, I walked up to my designated position and waited. I was ready.

The music began and, soon enough, there she was, walking beside my father in my direction. I smiled at her and she returned the smile, nervously. I could sense her worry from down the hall and, for a moment, I worried myself. Then, she arrived at my side and the worry immediately melted from both of us.

The ceremony flew by and I was completely and utterly exhilarated to kiss her. It wasn't like our average kisses- Which I suppose were anything but average as it was- It even more magnificent. She was my wife now. She was truly mine. Maybe it took a long time to get there but we got there. By 'there', I don't mean just the wedding- I meant in each other's arms.

When we pulled away, she smiled up at me. "So, hubby, what now?" she asked in a hushed whisper. I wonder what answer I could have supplied her with that would have been the truth. Could I have told her that it wouldn't be just a happily ever after? But, then again, how could I have predicted them, looking into her deep green eyes, the trouble that lay ahead of us. I couldn't and no one would blame me for that. No one but myself and, at one point, her.

The future would be cryptic and rough for us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know.
What the hell am I doing?
I have something worked out so, if you could hold onto your ponies, that'd be rad. :)
Image
hahahahahahaha xD