Status: Completed.

A Flower in a Field of Weeds

To Perfection

Image

Joe's Point of View
"Excuse me, Joe Jonas?" "Joe, what are-" "Amity Bane and-" A sea of unfamiliar faces surrounded me but I was only looking for one; hers. Maybe she decided not to come.. or maybe she did decide to come and changed her mind at the sight of all of the reporters. For Christ's sake, where is she?!

"Joe," I heard Kevin's voice mutter from behind me. He was speaking quietly. "She's inside. She came."

I could feel myself light up. I immediately escaped the paparazzi and scrambled into the building behind me; the Globe Theater. She always had a thing for Shakespeare. I am not sure why she wanted to meet here- aside from the fact that we were both in Europe right now. Her career took off right away. She was better at what she did naturally than the cookie-cutter pop Disney forced her to do. I was blown away when I heard her first song. Sadly, both of our careers kept us from having enough time to fix it between us. Now, we finally had the chance to.

I glanced around frantically, trying to keep myself from looking like a manic. There weren't too many people in the lounge of the theater (most were outside trying desperately to get in) but I still couldn't find her. I furrowed my eye brows together, constantly scoping the room for her dark hair and vibrant eyes.

Finally, I felt her behind me, warm as usual, arms wrapped around my waist. I felt my heart fly at the feeling; at the relief. I turned and pulled her into my arms, attaching our lips, attempting to express my passion and my love. I don't think I could have expressed it entirely well but the kiss was the best I could do at the moment. She smiled into it, pressing out bodies even closer together. How long had it been since I'd kissed her? How long had it been since I'd even seen her?

"Joe, I missed you so much. I am so sorry-" she began, only centimeters from my lips. I interrupted her by kissing her again. She didn't need to apologize. She wanted to be herself and she wasn't sure I want her. She wanted to give herself a chance. There was nothing wrong with that. I didn't want to hear her apologize- especially not right now; not when I just wanted to hold her.

She didn't seem to mind. There was one thing I wanted to say and one response I wanted to hear, though, to make this perfect again. I pulled away from her just enough to speak. "I love you, Amity." I whispered.

She smiled. "I love you, too, Joe. I always will." she replied, returning her lips to my own. That was the response I wanted. Now, its perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, that was it.
But I need help,.
I can't.. end stories well.
Can anyone help me with working on endings?