Status: Completed.

A Flower in a Field of Weeds

Rumors

Image

Joe's Point of View
Another concert and another night of being unable to sleep. I decided to try to write again because, lately, lyrics have been coming to me incredibly quickly. My new inspiration sparked pages and pages of my best work. Of course, I don't plan on showing most of it to anyone else. A lot of it is a bit too personal.

I felt the couch shift beside me which made me jump a little. My nerves were calmed when I saw the beautiful moon lit face of my inspiration looking at me with tired eyes. "Why aren't you asleep?" she asked, quietly. She yawned and crawled closer to me, leaning over to read the lyrics which I quickly snatched away. "I can't." I replied, catching her as she nearly tumbled off of the couch, half asleep. "Me neither." she whispered. "But I really should or I'll.." she trailed off, closing her eyes.

I smiled down at her and stifled a laugh. She was asleep. Suddenly, I felt my eyes finally droop as well.

Apparently, we were asleep for a while because I woke up to Kevin pushing me and saying, "Wake up, guys. We have an hour to get ready for the interview with Interview.com." (yeah, I am original.) and Amity whining, "But I want to sleep."

Then, her warmth left as she got off of me and to the cabinets and I groaned. I opened my eyes and looked up at Kevin and Nick who were grinning widely at me. I look down at myself to make sure I hadn't wet my pants or something stupid and, then, back up at them. "What?" I asked, sourly. "Nothing." they both responded at the same time. I chose to ignore their suspicious behavior and take a shower.

When I got out, Amity was on the couch staring intently on my notebook which was across from her. I could tell she was contemplating reading it and stood quietly, smiling, as I watched her. She reached out her hand for a second but pulled it back to her stomach and sighed, glaring at the notebook. I watched her bite hard on her delicate lips as she threw a jacket on top of the table over the notebook, stood up and turned to me.

Her eyes widened and her face reddened when she saw me. "Sup?" she choked out. I laughed and wrapped my arms around her. "If you want to hear one, I'll sing it to you." I offered. It wasn't going to be one that was obviously about her but she kept herself from reading them on her own so I figure she deserved it. "You don't have to." she said, quietly. "Its alright."

I led her over to the couch by her hand and opened up the notebook, skimming through pages to find "Kung Fu Grip" which wasn't completely obvious. I began to sing the tune that I felt would fit the song and looked over to see her smiling, completely unaware that it was about her.

"She's got a smile.
That I’d die for.
Everyone knows, that I’m
A prisoner of war, for her.
Yeah.

Sometimes I wish
I had a kung fu grip
Never let her slip,
Away she'd be my girl.

I really wish she knew
What I feel is true
She'd be my darlin',
I would be her hero too.

I’m so in love
With her.
Don’t care who knows
That I’m
Ready to fight, ready to go.
Just like a G.I. Joe

Sometimes I wish.
I had a kung fu grip.
Never let her slip, away.
She'd be my girl.

I Really wish she knew
What I feel is true.
She'd be my darlin
I would be her hero too.

Sometimes I wish
I had a kung fu grip.
Never let her slip,
Away. She'd be my girl.

Really wish she knew
What I feel is true.
She'd be my darlin
I would be her hero too.

She'd be my darlin
I would be her hero too."

"Wow." she whispered. "Are you going to actually use it?" she asked. I looked down at the words and hesitated. "I don't know." I muttered. "Oh, Joe! Please! Its amazing! You have to!" she pleaded, crawling over to me. I smiled slightly at her and gave in. "I'll try." I replied. She smiled a wide, beautiful smile and, then, asked, "Who is it about?"

I was quiet. There was no way I could tell her the truth. "Its cool." she said in response to my silence. "I'm just glad I got to hear it." I looked down at her again and the brightness that laced her eyes was gone and I felt awful. She didn't think I trusted her. That wasn't it, though. "I uh-" I began. She faked a laugh. "Its fine, Joe." she said. "Let's go. Kevin and Nick are waiting outside." and she stood up and got off of the bus. I sighed and followed her, defeated.

At the Interview
"What is it like being on tour with the Jonas Brothers?" Todd Anthony asked Amity. It had to have been the fiftieth question he asked us and I was exhausted. I hate interviews sometimes. She smiled. "I love these guys." she replied. "They're wonderful and they have wonderful fans, too. That being said, being on tour is also wonderful because their awesome fans start to listen to my music, too. Its really a fantastic opportunity for my music to be heard and I made friends so its amazing." she replied, her beautiful, green eyes dancing wonderfully in the lights in the room.

"So, who is dating who?" he asked. "Single." we all replied at the same time. He laughed. "That's not what I heard." he said. "What did you hear?" I asked, curious as to who I was said to be dating now.

"Well," he began. "You two." he said and pointed to Amity and I. She turned bright red and removed her hand from mine. "Uh no." she said, quickly. "We're not- We're just-" she stuttered. "He's my best friend."

Todd looked over at me to see my reaction and I ignored it. I didn't want to deny the one thing I wanted. "Mmhmm." he replied, unconvinced and tossed us some pictures. Apparently, every time we're together, we're closer than we have to be, holding hands or holding each other. "Oh." Amity said, nervously. "Well, we're just friends. Close ones."

He nodded, still unconvinced. I wish we were together but we aren't and it is going to be a pain to deny these rumors.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Joe says, "Why not make a banner and or comment?"
If you do, he'll take off his clothes and do the robot.
I am lying.