Midnight in The Big Apple

Something More Than You and Me

The funeral was horrid. Sean felt as if he would drop to the ground at any moment. His knees were weak, his head felt as if it weighed a million tons, and his stomach made him feel like he was going to puke at any given second. He couldn't deal with one more "I'm so sorry" or "I can't believe this happened". Tears began to leak from his already bloodshot eyes. Again. He's cried so many times in these past few days, nobody would think he would have any more tears left inside him.
Quickly and quietly he walked out of the funeral home. He couldn't take it anymore. He had to get away from that wretched place. People that he passed gave him stares and looks of pity. He didn't need any of that. He needed Abby. He needed her back in his life.
Everyone said they were the perfect couple. Abby and Sean. Sean and Abby. They were a pair. A couple. They went everywhere together. They were supposed to be there in each other's lives forever. But how long was forever supposed to last?
Sean tore his tie away from his neck. Throwing it to the ground, the furiously opened the door to his car. Sitting down, he started to cry. For what seemed like hours, he just let the tears fall onto his steering wheel. Finally, he put the keys into ignition, and started to drive.
Rain started to fall, and eventually, it lead to a pouring storm, thunder crashing loudly. His heart ached even more as the seconds passed by. A strike of lightning lit up the sky, and he slammed on the brakes. A lonely figure seemed to be standing in the middle of the deserted road.
"Abby?"