Christian

A Sour Break-up

Florida, 2007.

Winter walks down the crowded street, Talking on her cell to her close friend "Emma."
"So what's up winter? You sound stressed." Emma asks as she sits on her couch painting her nails in her beach-view apartment. "I'm fine, It's just.." Winter sighs, Sliding a hand through her auburn hair. "I'm breaking up with Chad." She finishes. "Why? What happen?" Emma asks. "Well, I just can't do this crap anymore, He drinks all the time, Hits on other girls right in front of me! And I'm pretty sure he's screwing around on me with this girl his brother introduced him to a couple months back.. He treats me like shit and I'm sick of it!" Winter replies. "So when ya gonna do it?" Emma says. "I told him we needed to talk and asked him if he could come to my place.. But he insisted that we go to this club, I think it's up around where you live, I don't know.. All i know is that I'm doing this tonight." Winter says. "Well, Good luck girl.. Godspeed!" Emma says dramatically, Making Winter laugh. "I'll talk to ya later.. Bye." Winter says, Closing her cell phone and sliding it in her pocket.

She went back to her apartment and put some music on, taking her laptop out and beginning to check her messages “nobody loves me.” she sighs, reading her inbox which said “You have 0 messages.”
she shuts her laptop and grabs her notebook from the bed and begins to work on her latest project, Winter was an aspiring fashion designer, It was the career she wanted most, Though she knew the chances of her dreams coming true were slim, She would never give up hope. She always created a darker style, Gothic as many people called it, Of course Winter herself was a darker person, She enjoyed darker colors, Books, Art, But this made her very misunderstood. Many people thought her to be a Satan worshiper, But she was far from it.

She looks down at her watch and realizes it's almost time to meet up with Chad, She closes her notebook and goes to her closet to find a change of clothes. Putting on her favorite black short sleeved tight shirt and dark blue jeans, Then her black jacket that went down to her knee, It wasn't cold out, But Winter didn't give a shit, She liked jackets and wore them whenever she felt like it which was almost all the time. Sliding on her two rubber black bracelets and her silver and black choker, She puts on her makeup and grabbing her purse, She leaves her apartment.

When she got to the club it was incredibly crowded and the music was booming from speakers all around, the bass from them vibrated the whole building. She goes in, Fighting and shoving through the crowds to find where her Soon-to-be Ex was spending his time. “Probably dry humping some chick on the dance floor.” She thought. But he wasn't on the dance floor, She spotted him finally on a couch chatting it up with a ditsy looking blond girl who's skirt was about the size of a paper towel and her top was even smaller. “Close enough” Winter sighs, Passing Chad and his Barbie doll friend on the couch and sat at the bar. He stopped talking to the girl for a moment just to look over at Winter, But quickly returned to his conversation.
"Can i get you anything honey?" Asked the bartender with a smile on her face. Her strawberry blond hair was short and spiked. She wore a skin tight vamp red leather vest and tight black jeans, And the only sleeves that covered her arms were the tattoo's of everything from skulls to pinup girls.
“No thanks, Not exactly coming here to party.” Winter said, Looking back at Chad.
“Well, Maybe that's even more of a reason to have a drink?” The bartender replied. She walked over to the other side of the bar to tend to some other people. Finally Chad pulled up a barstool and sat next to Winter. “Hey, What took ya so long getting here?” Chad shouted over the music, She could tell he had already had a few. “I need to talk to you, About us.” Winter said. “What?!” Chad shouted back. “I need to talk to you about us!” Winter practically screams at the top of her lungs.
“Well can't it wait till later?” Chad asks irritably
“No Chad! I'm breaking up with you!” She hollered.
“Why?!” Chad asks. “Why?! One because all you wanna do is drink and party all the time, Two is because your cheating on me and don't say your not cause I know you are! And you just treat me like trash now, We're through Chad.” Winter replies. “Maybe I wouldn't be cheating on you if you weren't so fuckin' uptight Winter!” Chad shouts. “No, Your just an asshole.” Winter shouts back. “Fine! I don't give a shit! You bore me anyways..” Chad says, Standing from the bar and returning to his blond in the corner.
“Hey!” Winter called over the bartender. “I think I'll take that drink now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter didn't have vampires in it, But i assure you the next one does!