Christian

Encouragement from a Friend

“Where the hell have you been winter?!” Emma shouts over the phone, her eyes growing wide at the sound of winter’s voice.
“I’ve been busy! Between work and life I haven’t had much time to stop and chat!” Winter argues.
“Well you’ve never seemed to have a problem calling me before! And not to mention it’s not that hard to pick up a phone and call someone!” Emma replies.
“Please stop hollering at me Emma! Look I’m sorry I haven’t called you in a while okay, things have been stressful, ever since I broke up with Chad, I’ve been kind of depressed.” Winter lies.
“But I thought you said you wanted to be done with him because he was cheating on you!?” Her friend asks.
“I did, it’s just… I’ve been feeling a little alone, like I’m never going to find a good guy, there’s so few of them these days and it seems like none of them are interested in what I have to offer.” Winter sighs.
“Winter of course guys are interested in what you have to offer! Chad wasn’t your type anyways, He was an immature jackass, you need a guy who’s dependable, goal-oriented, and mature!” Emma says encouragingly.
“Well when you find one of those guys let me know, I’ve never met one… EVER!” Winter says bitterly.
“You will meet the right guy, and when you do, you’ll know it, when your eyes meet, and suddenly you feel a sensation you’ve never felt before, something you could never describe, that’s when you’ll know, it feels like… bliss.” Emma says with sadness in her voice that was unlike her.
“Sounds like you know what you’re talking about, what was his name?” Winter asks.
“Drew… his name was drew, I was crazy about him, and I think he felt the same about me, we never went 2 days without either seeing each other or talking on the phone, it was great.” Emma says.
“What happened?” Winter urges her to continue.
“Well, he had to leave, he wanted to do something with his life and to have training he needed to get the career he wanted, and he had to go out of state… that was 5 years ago.” Emma finishes the story.
“I’m sorry.” Winter says sympathizing.
“My point is, don’t give up on love, I know this sounds like something out of a bullshit romance novel but I believe there’s someone out there for everyone, and when you find them, you’ll know it.”

Just then winter heard the front door open from the kitchen and watched as Christian walked through the house into his room and shut the door.

“Your right, that does sound like a line from a bullshit romance novel!” Winter laughs.
“You mock me now but you’ll know exactly what I mean someday!” Emma says, beginning to giggle herself.

Winter says a quick goodbye to her friend and hangs up the phone. She goes into the living room.

“It’s so beautiful outside, why don’t we take a ride Danny? Down to the river, we haven’t gotten out of the house much lately anyways.” Alex suggests.
“Uh… sure, sounds good.” Danny replies, sitting up on the couch and cutting down the volume on the television.
“Winter, come with us.” Alex says.
“Oh no! I wouldn’t want to be a third-wheel.” Winter replies politely.
“You wouldn’t be a third-wheel! And anyways you need to get some fresh air; you’ve been inside now for way too long!” Alex insists.
“Oh okay, well I’m gonna go get my shoes and my purse.” Winter says, going back to Christian’s room and opening the door, she sees him lying back on the bed.

“Christian, we’re going to drive down to the river, come on get up!” winter pushes.
“No thanks!” Christian replies irritably throwing the blanket over his head.
“Nope, not getting away with that this time, your coming along too!” she sits on the edge of the bed, pulling the blanket back and revealing a scowl.
“I don’t feel like going anywhere right now. go have fun with the love-birds and leave me alone!” He turns his back to her.
She grabs his shoulder and rolls him back to face her. “Please Christian?” Winter gives her best puppy-dog eyes.
Christian slaps his hand to his head. “Fine!” he crawls out of bed.
“Thank you!” Winter grins.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know there wasn't much action in this chapter but i promise there still so much more of the story to come, thank you so much for reading and i hope you enjoyed.