Christian

Alex and Danny

After getting dressed, She exits the bathroom and She sees Alex sweeping the dining room floor. “Um Alex.. Can I borrow some clothes from you.. I can't stand wearing the same outfit more than 2 days.” Winter asks hesitantly. “Yeah sure, Come on.” Alex replies, Taking winter into her and Danny's room.
Winter looked around in amazement. It was such a beautiful room.. a wood framed canopy with blue see-through fabric draped down over the bed and matching tables on each side with candles and incense burning. And on the walls were lovely paintings of everything from scenery to women in wild colors and abstract backgrounds. “Did you do these?” Winter asks. “Yeah, Ya like 'em?” Alex replies. “God! Their beautiful!” Winter says astounded. “Oh thank you!” Alex says humbled. “The whole room itself is wonderful.” Winter runs her hand down the soft material of the canopy. “I do the decorating in here.. If Danny had it his way it would just be a plain old bed with a few posters of rock bands on the walls.. He's such a dork but I love him.” Alex laughs, Opening the closet for Winter to look through and sitting on the edge of the bed where the canopy curtains were parted and tied back. “So.. How old are you?” Winter asks, Looking through the large collection of clothes Alex had. “I think I'm about 70.” Alex answers casually. Winter looks back at her in shock.. She didn't look a day over 24.
“Well you age nicely.” Winter says, Making Alex giggle. “And how old are Danny and Christian?” Winter asks, Still browsing through Alex's clothes for something that might fit her. “Danny's 52.. And Christian, Well he's still pretty young, He's only 34.” Alex says. “That's a surprise, He's acts like such a grumpy old man I thought he might be ancient.” Winter says, Making both herself and Alex laugh.
“If you don't mind me asking, How did you and Danny become vampires?” Winter asks. “Well.. It was many years ago that I was turned, I had fallen for a boy when I was young, I was 21, Still living at home with my parent's and my sister “Martha.” It wasn't Danny, This was years before I met him. This guys name was “Charlie.” And my parents hated him, He was everything they Didn't want for me.. And of course being young and rebellious, Your guaranteed to do the opposite of everything your parents tell you to.. They told me to stay away from him.. So I ran away with him. Charlie was so different, Even in looks, He was flawless, He had these bright brown eyes and lengthy blond looking hair, Very pale skin, Just all around angelic, And he was always so charming.. He always said the right thing, And being stupid I thought he was perfect. He took me with him all the way across the country, Far from where my parents would even consider looking.

Charlie always told me that he was a different kind of species.. But i always just thought he was joking. As time passed however, He finally came out and told me that he was a vampire.. And naturally I just laughed in non-belief, But then he showed me things.. Things that humans couldn't do, And I began to believe him. He started saying that he wanted me to be with him forever, That he wanted to turn me into one of his kind.. Feeding me this romance-novel bullshit version of what it would be like if he and I were vampires, Traveling the world as eternal lovers.
Once again, Being the idiot I was in my youth, I agreed without question, Or without even a seconds thought of what the consequences would be if I took such an offer. And one night, After getting me completely wasted.. He bit my neck and then let me feed from his arm, And I woke up the next morning feeling severely ill and having an overwhelming craving inside me that I didn't understand, And after Charlie explained what I would have to do to survive.. I regretted everything, I begged him for a way to take it back, Pleading with him to just take it back and let me go home to my parents, But of course he couldn't, And after a month or two.. That “Eternal lover's” Crap that he went on about faded quick when he found some new young pretty girl he could corrupt.. They ran away together, Like him and I had a year before. So I was left alone on the other side of the country, No money, No shelter, And no idea of how I was going to survive.

I started small.. Getting a job at a diner in the area, Living in a cheap motel.. When you picture vampire, You picture a wealthy, Well-Dressed creature living in a large mansion in some beautiful exotic country.. Not some waitress in a diner who survives day-to-day on tips and lives in a dirty motel room in California. But that didn't really bother me, What bothered me most was how lonely I was, Since Charlie had left I had become bitter about love, And without my parents I just felt depressed all the time. I worked at the diner until it closed down 3 years later, And from there I found work in a number of different places.. Mostly involving being a waitress unfortunately. But I went on like this for a long time.. After a little while I moved out of the area so people wouldn't get suspicious of me. Several years passed and though I had the money to go home by now, I knew I was going home to nothing.. My parent's were long gone by now, And it broke my heart to think of how much pain my running away had caused them.. All they ever wanted for me was a good life, And i knew my sister had long since forgotten me, Probably married and had children, I didn't want to burden her with an emotional reunion.

It was in the 70's that I met Danny. While I was working at yet another Restaurant. He came in with a date. I noticed him right off.. He didn't look much different than he does now, He didn't have the facial hair like he does now.. Very baby-faced looking, And he wore glasses. I hadn't looked at a guy in years.. But I looked at him.. And apparently he noticed me himself because the whole night, Even though there was a pretty girl sitting right in front of him, He kept his eyes on me. And the very next day he was in there, Except this time he was alone.

He kept trying to talk to me, But though I liked him, I was still very cold from Charlie, So I wasn't as sweet to him as I am now, But that didn't stop him. Every day he came in there for lunch, He even asked me out a few times, But I tap-danced around the question, Until finally I gave in, And I fell hard for him immediately, And to my luck he felt the same.
About a year passed and I had still yet to tell him about what I was.. I was so scared he would run away from me, Thad he'd abandon me if he knew the truth, But of course I had to tell him sooner or later. So one night I finally told him the truth, Whilst I was sobbing and my i probably looked like Frankenstein because my makeup was smeared all over my face and my eyes were bright red.. It wasn't a pretty sight. But Danny just grabbed me and held me, He told me it was okay, And that he still loved me. I couldn't believe how amazing this guy was.

A year later Danny made a conscious decision that he wanted to be a vampire, So that he could be with me forever.. I wanted nothing to do with it at first.. It sounded way too familiar to me, And I didn't want to do to Danny what Charlie did to me, So at first I said no, I was never going to do that, And after fighting with him for so long over it, He started crying, Which It was killing me seeing him like this, Feeling this sadness from him. He looked me in the eyes and said one final word to me. “Please?” And I couldn't say no, So the next night I set up our apartment, I turned off all the lights and filled the living room with candles, I laid out blankets and pillows on the floor, I didn't want it to be a horrific memory for him. We sat down on the blankets on the floor. It was so difficult for me to bite him because I couldn't take the thought of hurting him. But finally I bit down. I remember feeling his arms wrap around me while I drank from him.. It was almost romantic. When It was done, We laid beside each other on the floor. Nothing changed between us the next day, We grew closer really.. That's why I love Danny so much, He means everything to me, And I mean everything to him.” Alex laughs, Wiping a tear from her eye. “That's beautiful!” Winter says, She had been listening with great attention to the whole story Alex had just told her. “Thank you." Alex replies. "Why did you come back to Florida?" Winter asks. "Well, I always loved it here, And Danny had always wanted to come to Florida, So we decided to move here together and buy a house. Now that I've practically told my life story, Let's find you something to wear!” Alex says with a grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter, Comments always welcome!