Christian

Mysterious Memories

Christian parks in the grass across from a small cemetery. Getting out of his car and leaning against the hood, He watches a funeral service take place a small distance away. He lights a cigarette and takes a long drag off it. The funeral was for a girl, Only 18.. She had committed suicide because her boyfriend had died in a car accident caused by a drunk driver.. He had seen it on the news. Christian watches as they lower the coffin into the ground. The girl's distraught mother crying and holding her husband for support, Her husband stood with pride and strength on the outside.. But was falling apart on the inside.

After the service was over and everyone had gone. Christian goes to the young girls resting place, Kneeling down beside it and running a hand across the smooth headstone which held her name and the dates. Memories of the past again return to him..
“Young Christian lays beside a grave, Tear drops sliding off his face onto the freshly made burial site. Thoughts quickly fading to blood drops mixing into water.” He shakes the images from his mind. “Rest in peace.” He whispers, Setting a yellow rose on the girl's grave. He stands back up. “Where you a friend of Beth's?” A teenage girl asks, Walking up behind Christian with a mix of flowers in her hand. “In a way.. We both had something in common I guess.” Christian says quietly. “She was my sister.. I didn't want to go to the service because there was so many people there.. So I decided to come afterwords.. Bring her some flowers.” The girl said softly. “I'll leave you both alone.” Christian says, Walking past her out of the cemetery and back to his car..

Night time.

Danny sits on the couch watching Tv, It was finally Saturday and he had the day off to relax. Alex was having fun helping Winter with clothes and shoes.
Just then Christian walks in. Without a word he lays back on the love-seat and closes his eyes. “So what have we been up to today Chrissy?” Danny asks. “Don't call me Chrissy.” Christian says without opening his eyes. “Chrissy..” Danny says, Wanting to push Christian's buttons, Which was exactly what he was doing. “Stop fuckin' calling me Chrissy, Danielle!” Christian says, Now glaring at Danny who simply grinned. “You really should learn to respect your elders.” Danny says. “And you should learn to stop hiding behind your girlfriend all the time.” Christian says, Knowing now that he had struck a nerve with Danny, Who's expression of delight turned into a scowl. “I Don't hide behind Alex!” Danny says, Offended. “Oh yeah? Who save the day the last time I almost kicked your ass?” Christian says, Now taking great pleasure in the conversation. “You think your such a bad-ass but your just a loud mouth little boy!” Danny says. “Oh that's a Real good comeback Danielle! I'm so intimidated!” Christian mocks.
Danny leaps from the couch and jumps on Christian, Who was still laying on the love-seat. Christian grabs Danny's fist before he can punch him and throws Danny onto the floor. “So you tried a surprise-attack.. That's really tough.” Christian stands from the love-seat. “Danny just face it! You can't..” But before Christian could finish his sentence, Danny pulled his legs out from under him, Causing him to fall back on the floor.
Just then Alex and Winter walk out. “Danny! Christian! What are you doing?!” Alex shouts. Danny and Christian freeze, Danny was on top of Christian with his fist raised and Christian had his hands around Danny's neck. “Guys! How old are you seriously?! I feel like a mother of two sometimes!” Alex says frustrated.
Danny gets off of Christian. “Sorry honey, It was just.. Ouch!” Danny hollers as Christian smacks him upside the head. “Christian! Stop acting like a little kid! And you too Danny!” Alex says.
To winter's great surprise, The boys both quietly take a seat in the living room and go back to watching Tv. “How do you do that?” Winter whispers. “I told ya I'm like a mother to these two.. And the minute mom raises her voice, The children listen.” Alex winks at Winter who giggles.

Alex sits on the couch beside Danny, Leaving Winter to sit next to Christian on the love-seat. Christian would not look at Winter nor talk to her, He was avoiding her and the tension was driving Winter crazy. “Christian.. You can stop ignoring me now.” Winter says. “Why is he ignoring you?” Alex asks. “I'm not ignoring you.. I just don't feel like talking to you.” Christian says with his usual attitude. “Oh that makes me feel So much better.” Winter says sarcastically “Christian saw me naked earlier when I got out of the shower.” She explains.
Alex and Danny break out into laughter and Christian simply glares at Winter. “What's wrong Christian.. Not use to seeing that kinda stuff?!” Danny says. “Shut up!” Christian snaps. “Oh lighten up Christian, We're just having a laugh!” Alex says.
Winter herself begins to laugh. “Screw this!” Christian says, Getting up from the love-seat and going through the sliding glass door in the dining room that led to the backyard.

“He's so pissed right now. I think he hates me.” Winter says. “No, He'll cool off.. He just needs some time to himself, This is just one of his little temper tantrums.” Danny replies, Trying to make Winter feel better. “Yeah, He just doesn't like being made fun of.” Alex says. “Well if he doesn't stop with the attitude she'll be the last naked girl he ever sees!” Danny says, The girls laugh.

An hour passed and Christian had yet to come back inside.
Winter goes to the glass door and peeks out at him.. He was just sitting there in the grass with his back to the house, Looking out at the canal that was at the end of the yard down a small hill. She goes outside and sits next time him. "It's a beautiful view." Winter says, Looking out at the canal herself. Christian says nothing. "I'm sorry i embarrassed you earlier, I didn't mean to." Winter looks over at him. "Would you please just not talk to me right now." Christian says shortly without looking over. "Sorry.. Can't do that. So, Did you enjoy the sight?" Winter asks with a grin. "What?!" Christian looked up in surprise before quickly looking away. "You heard me! Did you enjoy the sight?" Winter asks, Taking a bit of joy in seeing the shy uneasy look he had now. "Stop it! Your just trying to get on my nerves!" He says. "Maybe.. But at least we're talking. You haven't answered my question yet though.. Personally, Since you saw me naked, I think it's only fair i see you." Winter says.
"Drop it!" Christian says, Starting to stand from the ground until Winter grabs his arm and pulls him back down. "Don't you dare try to run away this time!" Winter says in a playfully stern tone. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Christian says angrily. "Ya know, I've been asking myself that same question for years, And to be honest i don't have an answer." Winter grins.
Christian tries to stand again, But Winter pushes him back down, Sitting on top of him and pinning his hands. "Get off of me before i throw you off!" Christian shouts. "Huh, I didn't know vampires could blush!" Winter giggles as she sees Christian's face turning red. "Come on! Just get off me!" Christian says. "No! Not if your just gonna storm off in your bedroom!" Winter replies. Christian looks at her furiously.. But after a moment, His eyes seem to soften and his gritted teeth actually begin to form a grin, And Winter jumps as she hears the sound of his laughter for the first time. "Okay Fine! I won't leave!" He laughs. "Thank you!" She said, Laughing herself now. It was nice to see him actually laugh for once..

"Whoa, Looks like you guys are getting along well." Danny says from the sliding glass door.
Christian and Winter look at each other and the position they were in and Winter quickly climbs off of him. Christian quickly sits back up, Going back to his usual moody expression.. Though he still couldn't hide the fact that he was blushing. "Sorry guys, Did i interrupt something?" Danny asks. "No, Not at all we were just talking." Winter replies. "Okay well, I just heard a noise and thought I d make sure everything was alright." Danny say, Going back in the house.

Winter looked over at Christian, who was once again avoiding her stare. And when he spoke again, His voice was low..
"I'm kinda tired, I'm gonna go to bed, You coming?" He asks. "Yeah, Guess so." Winter answers, Feeling moody herself now.
He got up off the grass and helped Winter up. She brushed herself off and followed him into the house.
As Christian headed into the living room, He came to a sudden halt as he sees Alex and Danny making out on the couch he usually sleeps on. "Dammit! Can't they keep it in the bedroom?!" Christian whispers. "Sleep in here." Winter says, Pointing to his room.
They crept passed the living room and into Christian's bedroom.

Winter takes out a pair of pajama's that Alex had given her. "Can you just turn around for a second.. I'd rather not flash for a second time today." Winter laughs. Christian turns around, Letting Winter get dressed. "Okay, I'm done." She says, Climbing in the bed. She sees Christian pulling some blankets and a pillow out of the closet and setting it on the floor. "What are you doing?" Winter asks. "What do you think I'm doing, I'm making my bed." Christian replies. "You can sleep up here, We'll just sleep back-to-back." Winter says. "Are you sure?" He asks. "Yeah it's fine.. But if you try something I'll knee you like i did before!" Winter grins. "Good to know." Christian laughs slightly.
They laid in the bed as far apart as two people could possibly get, And soon they were both asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed. comments welcome!