Sequel: Reinvent Love

Carpe Diem

45

Everyday, I pass Sebastian everyday in the hall and everyday he tries to make eye contact. Everyday I turn my eyes toward the floor and continue walking.

One thing Sebastian didn’t do was listen to my request that he leaves me alone. I get to my locker and pull the letter taped to it off and throw it onto the top self of my locker with the rest of them. I get one everyday. The first time I got one, I read it. It made me cry. I vowed to myself not to read them anymore.

“Come on, babe. Let’s get going.” Kat puts her arm around me and leads me out of the school to her car.

“Kat, I have a new rule to add to the list we made in sixth grade.” I say taking a seat.

“Yeah, and what’s that?” she asks starting th car.

“Never ever date a boy in a band.”

“Damn straight.” Kat adds still not completely over her break up with Cal now a month later. “Are you getting the call today?” Kat asks as I stare at the passing scenery of our neighborhood. We pass by his house where he is sitting on his front porch like he does everyday and watches as we drive by. Every time I look at him I feel my heart tearing it’s self apart even more.

“HOME!” I call through the house.

“Alright honey!” Dad yells from the kitchen. Kat and I make our way to my room and close the door behind us. I sit on my bed and stare at my cell phone.

“Don’t stare at it, Di. That’ll just make the time go by slower.”

“I know.” I sigh getting interesting an episode of House.

My phone started to ring and Kat pauses the DVD and waits

“Hello” I answer the phone.

“Hello, Miss Grant, this Dr. Cohen’s office calling to tell you that your test results cam back positive. We scheduled an appointment a week from now. Is that okay?”

“Yeah, that’s fine. Thank you.” I hang up the phone in a daze.

“Di?” Kat asks staring at me with anticipation.

“I’m pregnant, Kat.” I mutter staring at my hardwood floor. What the hell am I supposed to do now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Go read the sequel, homies.
Reinvent Love.