The Effects of My 15th Birthday

Chapter 5

About 10 minutes and a lot of tears later, 3 more dark haired and brown eyed people – also known as Demi Lovato and Nick and Kevin Jonas – showed up in the room. That only made me feel like I didn’t belong again.

Demi came over with concern etched in her face and voice
“Are you okay”

I walked over to the window and stared out of it.

“Just peachy! I’ve never been better!” I reply my voice laced with sarcasm.

A minute of silence passes in the room and look over at her
“I-I’m sorry, okay? I’m just sick of that question. It’s all I’ve heard over these last few days. Please forgive me?”

She looked at me, smiled, and opened her arms for a hug. Then I yawned, and sat down on my bed. As soon as everyone left, I was out like a light.

I got up at 4:50 AM the next morning to find Joe asleep on the couch with the TV on. I took a quick shower and left the suite without anyone knowing. When I came back to the suite 20 minutes later – after I explored the whole bottom floor of the hotel – I heard yelling. After I got closer I heard them say something about how it was Joe’s fault I was missing and no one knew about it. The voice sounded like Demi’s.

Then I was close enough to hear them clearly and to hear Joe say
“Hey, I didn’t know she was gonna get up that early.”

She was about to retort when I opened the door to make my presence known, ready for chaos. They looked at me and relief washed over their faces. I couldn’t tell if it was because I was back with no harm done or because if they lost me they would have their asses handed to them on a golden platter. I just stared at them like they were nuts.

“Can’t a girl look around the hotel she’s staying at before she leaves later this evening?”
I asked like a complete smartass.

“Yes, but you didn’t even leave a note. Anything could have happened to you, and it was my time to be responsible for you and watch you.”

Uh oh, wrong thing to say buddy. Needless to say: that’s were I blew my lid.
“Look, no one is responsible for me, but me! I don’t need you guys to look after me! I’ve been looking after myself since I was 10 years old and was taken from my mother. JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!!!!”

And that’s when I stormed off to get my stuff together, leaving them both with shocked faces. I couldn’t tell if the shock was from the piece of information I just reveled or how I went off on them and used cuss words.

I mean sure I felt a little bad, but I’m not a little kid anymore. I don’t need someone always looking after me, because I can do that on my own. Just then a soft knock came on my door, so I walked over to it and locked it.

I then shouted, trying to stay as calm as possible
“Who is it, and what do you want!?”

My voice was icy and dripping with venom. I was just getting more, and more madder locked up in here with no freedom. The only answer I got to my question was another soft knock on the door.

I walked over to the door taking deep breaths. I unlocked the door and opened it to find someone I wasn’t expecting, it was Nick Jonas. They must have thought he would be able to calm me down.

He started to talk in his soft sweet and shy voice
“Hey, I just wanted to see if you wanted to come and take a walk with me somewhere. So, do ya?”

Ah, that’s just what I needed and he hasn’t done anything to piss me off – well at least not that I know of – so, it’s all gravy.

“You know what?” I asked hiding the excitement in my voice.

“No, what?” he rebutted with curiosity etched in his voice.

“Sure” I said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
OoOoOo... what's gonna happen on the walk? You'll just have to stay tuned to find out, won't cha? well i went to another football game tonight and we powned the team by like 14 points!!!!! but it was all rainy and we got wet like 3 times during the game and the band had to go home to prevent their instruments from rusting!! well, anywho. i would really like some comments on what you think about this story.

Image

Peace, Love, Jonas,
~Lauren~