All I Ask Is That You'll Be There

When I Return

Back to Bradenton, Florida. Yea I know I loved it there before and I had always dreamed of going back, but I was afraid. I don't know exactly what I am afraid of, I just can't help feeling nervous as we drive down the familiar streets.

I sighed as I looked out the car window, five years ago my parents told me the news I never wanted to head 'we're moving'. All I could think of was Travis and if I would ever see him again. I didn't think I could handle that. The night they told me that we were moving I thought I would never stop crying. Travis was the reason I am still breathing and I didn't want to lose him. I snuck out the window to go see him and ended up spending the entire night in his arms crying as he softly sang to me.

Now, back to reality, I am just you typical 18 year old girl by the name of Samantha Moore. My parents suddenly decided they wanted to move back to Bredenton almost like how they suddenly decided they wanted to move to Seattle 5 years ago. Sometimes I just don't understand why they do the things that they do. I have always wanted to go back to Florida but now that I really am it feels like no one is going to remember me.

I sighed watching all the places that I remembered from five years ago go by. We were coming up to my favorite place, Lewis Park, where I first met Travis. The next thing I saw made my heart suddenly start beating faster. A boy with long red hair was sitting by a tree with a guitar strumming a few chords. I can't really tell how, but I knew it was him. He looked so much different yet I still knew it was Travis.

"Could you drop me off here?" I asked my parents. "You don't know where the new house is, how are you going to get there?" my mom said. "We've lived here before mom" I said. "166 Asher Street, I know exactly where it is and how to get there from here"

"Ok fine just call us if you do end up needing any help getting there" my dad said pulling over. "Thank you!" I said as I got out of the car and ran to the park.

"Travis" I called. He looked up looking surprised. "Sammy?" he was the only one I ever allowed to call me anything other than Sam or Samantha. Now it was my turn to be surprised.

"You remember me?" I asked. "Of course I do" he smiled and stood up "why wouldn't I?"

"Well it has been five years since you have seen me" I said. "I could never forget the first girl I ever fell in love with" he said pulling me closer to him and hugging me. I blushed looking up at him "W-what?"

His face turned bright red and he didn't say anything. "Travis?"

He sighed and pulled me even closer to him. My face turned even redder.(Hmm..is redder a word?) "Sammy, ever since I was 12 years old I knew that I was in love with you" he said "I knew because no matter what happened your smile fixed everything, every time I heard your laugh I found myself laughing right along and every time I was around you I couldn't stop smiling, but I could never bring up the courage to tell you" he pushed some of my hair behind my ear bringing his face closer to mine "until now" he said and kissed me softly. I just stood there not knowing what to say or what to do. "Please say something Sammy" he said.

"I..I love you too" I said looking up at him. Travis smiled and kissed me again. This time I kissed back and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I love you Samantha" he smiled pressing his forehead to mine "I love you too" I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this was a Derek Sanders one shot when I wrote it, which was about a year ago but I decided to change it to a Travis Clark one :]
Also changed it a bit as I was typing it
Commenttt?