What Would You Do For Forever?

Chapter 1

“You’ll never catch me!” I laughed as I tried to run away from a raven haired boy.

“I’m gonna get you!” He responded back, still running after me. It was days like this-where we would just run around mindless trying to catch after each other, like there was not a care in the world-that made me happy.

After an hour of running around, I finally dropped down on the ground, giving up. The raven haired teen fell down on top of me. “Kenny.” I whined childishly.

“What?” He asked smiling.

“Get off me.” I said trying to push him off.

He just smiled wider. “Why?” He asked in the same childish voice I used.

“Because, you’re heavy.” I complained.

He made an inaudible noise and rolled off me and onto my side. “I don’t know, why you’re complaining, you’re way heavier than me.” He said, poking my side playfully.

I frowned, I had always been chubby, ever since I was a little kid. And as I reached my teenage years, I desperately tried to lose weight. “You really, think so?”

“Nah.” He said, closing his eyes and crossing his arms over his head. “I think, you’re perfect just the way you are.” He said softly.

I blushed and thanked God that Kenny had his eyes closed. “I think you are too.”

He turned his head to face me and opened his eyes. “You really think so?” He asked his bright blue eyes twinkling.

Instead of answering I just nodded my head. Kenny smiled at me before going back to his previous position. “You’re a real great friend. I’m so lucky that I have someone like you.”

I opened my mouth and immediately shut it. Why can’t you just tell him how you feel? He would understand. I closed my eyes tightly as I felt tears forming in my eyes. He’d never understand, he would think you were a freak. I felt a few tears escape my closed eyes and roll down my face.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Kenny asked softly, concern weaved in his voice. I opened my eyes and saw him sitting up, hovering over me. “Nothing.” I lied. He frowned, using his sleeves to wipe away my tears.

“It’s okay, Jake. You can tell me anything.”

I love you.