Love Is Dead

Our Story

Being the fatty that I am, I got three slices of meat pizza. Bill got two and Tom had four, he was trying to "out man me" according to Tom. To keep my eye on these two, I had both of them sit across from me in the booth thingy. A few people recognized us inside, the owner did. In exchange for sitting at the very back, which I should say should be FREE but it wasn't, we had a few pictures taken a few things to sign.

"So..." Bill broke the silence as we ate in silence. His eyes stared at me as he was the only one not eating, "Why so sad?"

"Nothing," I sighed, shrugging as I wiped my hands in my napkin. "Just thinking."

"About what?" Tom looked up, mouth full of pizza that he was scarfing down. "Thought you'd be happy we nearly died!" He gave a half laugh.

I just looked down at my plate and pushed it forward. "I'm not hungry anymore."

"Do I need to go beat someone up?" Bill smiled wide.

"Like you could, Bill." Tom rolled his eyes at him, crushing his manly moment.

"Shut it!" Bill glared at him before turning to me with an innocent face. "So, what's wrong?"

I took a big deep breath, ready to re-open a few wounds. "It's been seven years since my parents died. Seven year anniversary." My head turned to the window, but my eyes saw nothing, only my mind did. I saw it like it was just happening before my eyes.

"They died today?" They twins asked, hesitating to speak.

"Happy Birthday, Kat." I whispered to myself.

"Holy shit! Your parents died on your birthday???" Tom gasped in shock.

I nodded.

"How did they die?" Bill asked for a long silence. He grunted a bit after a rough shuffling noise, my guess Tom hit him or something. They stayed quiet, waiting.

My eyes stayed looking outside, a tear almost escaped out of my eyes when I saw a pair of happy looking parents walking with their cute little twin daughters hand in hand. They looked so happy, a quivering smile slid on my lips and a few teardrops slipped. "My dad was mad at me," I began.

~Flashback~

"Stop crying you little bitch!" My dad shouted at me as his fist went straight across my face. Burning and wet sensation felt around my face and mouth.

"Don't hit her!" my mom screamed as I cried and cried as I held my face, throwing herself at him.

"Get off of me," he threw her small body against our stairs, she cried out loud as she fell hard.

"Stop it, daddy!" Camila screamed as she locked herself in the bathroom, leaving all alone for daddy to hit.

"Be happy with what you have!" He slapped me hard with his ginormous hand, making me stumble back into an end table, the sharp corner hit me hard in my side and I cried louder. "Be quiet!" His big fingers wrapped in my hair.

"No!" I pleaded, shaking my head as my eyes blurred with tears.

"Quiet!" He shouted and yanked hard before he threw me against the stair's railing.

"Mommy!" I screamed, nearly choking in my own tears as I laid against the hard cold, railing.

"Mi'ja!" She opened her eyes slowly, tears spilled out like a mad river. Like a hero, she got up on her feet as my dad came closer to us. "Get out!"

"Step aside, Rose!" He shouted as he slapped her so hard she hit the wall like a rag doll and fell lip on the stairs. I sat their frozen, eyes wide as my father looked down at my mother for a few seconds before he looked to me. Eyes identical to mine, but much colder turned to slits as he took slow steps towards me. Whimpering, I slowly slid back.

"I'm sorry." I whispered over and over, but he kept walking to me.

~End Flashback~

"That's when everything goes black," I wiped my smeared eyeliner and tears with my fingers gently.

"What happened after?" Bill asked, his big brown eyes full of concern, shock, and worry. Tom's where almost the same but his were at a different level, like he didn't know what to think.

"I remember," I thought hard as my mind was still even fuzzy. "I remember police people coming to our house. I remember a policewoman holding me as I cried in her arms while another lady went looking for Cammy. Then my brother running into the house, running right at me crying. He kept repeating words in Spanish to comfort me." My head dropped down to the clean white table, my eyes looking for some sort of pattern to distract myself a bit.

"What happened to your mother? Your father?" Tom barely could ask, his voice shook, it wasn't steady or confident like it always is.

"He got her into his car after he was...."I gulped as I tried to word it. "Done with me..."

"What do you mean done with you?" Bill reached over and grabbed one of my hands for comfort, grabbing a little tight when I flinched a little.

"I don't remember." I spoke slowly as my eyes distanced off as I stared at his white hand. "He took her in the car by force. He was so wasted and drunk he crashed. The car hit the curve of a freeway," I pictured them in the car. Him screaming at her as my mother screamed in protested, fighting at the wheel in their old blue thunderbird," a little too fast. They lost control and flew off the side railing and flipped over a few times. By the time they stopped flipping, they both were dead."

"Oh mein Gott." They barely even whispered.

"Why is everyone so down?" Cam's sudden happy voice made me jump, quick to wipe my tears. "What's going on, Kat?" She looked at me before sliding into my side of the booth.

"Happy birthday Cam." I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Happy birthday to you too, sis." She wrapped her arms around my shoulders and hugged me tight to her side. "It's over Kat. It's happened and been over with. You have to let it go."

"That's easy for you to say," I closed my eyes.

"I couldn't do anything, you know that," she let me go. Looking at me like I was out of my mind.

"Drop it," I glared at her, knowing exactly how this would end. Shouts and tears.

"Dropped," she glared back.

"Where is everyone else?" Tom asked, his confidence back after a few minutes of silence.

"Planning our birthday," Cam sighed taking a sip of my drink. "D and Bass are taking us out to a club or something after we go for a swim."

"Can we go?" Bill and Tom asked.

"Well duh," Cam and I went twin mode as well, chuckled a little.

"Get a swim suit and meet us at the pool in twenty." Cam stood up and stopped to look at me. "Come on Kat."

"Huh?" I blinked a little before I nodded. "Yeah." I slid out of the booth and got up. We walked to the door of the place and stopped when I saw the weren't following us. "Come on, boys!" I called after them with a smile.

----->

"You told them the story, didn't you?" Cam asked as we were changing in our room into our bathing suits.

"Yeah," I nodded as I fixed my bikini. I wasn't one for underwear bottoms so I always wore small boy short bottoms and a regular bikini top. Cam was the same way, only she went for girlier ones.

Mine was black with red bottoms that had the opposite color on it as stripes. Hers was totally hot pink with purple stripes that kind of blinded you a bit. Looking in the mirror I saw my body from a weird perspective. I was nearly covered in tats and piercings. My hair was too crazy and wild. My abs weren't defined enough through my small wast. My body didn't curve like it used to. My chest was so big they looked like tattoo covered ballons. Turning around, my butt wasn't fit enough. My back looked horrible with a large tattoo plate.

"Fucking stop it!" Cam slapped my shoulder roughly.

"What?" I looked at her.

"You are letting this escalade a little too much." She grabbed my shoulders. "You look fine. You have always been pretty. No matter what dad did or said, you always were beautiful. He's gone. He's way long gone."

"I'm sorry," I wrapped my arms around her crying. "I just can't help but think it was my fault he killed her."

"It wasn't." she ran her hand up and down my back soothingly. "I should have called for help instead of locking myself in the bathroom and not getting any help. I should have told someone. I should called the police or at least tell brother about it."

"It's too late now," I parted from her, wiping annoying tears out of my eyes.

"Kat," Cam looked me straight on. "Mom gave her life up for us. The least we can do is not wallow in the past but move on. She'd want us to be happy." Her hand cupped my chin. "She'd want you to be happy and free of his beatings. She wanted you to be free from that hell."

Our moment was ruined as there was knocking at the door. Cam wiped a stray tear from my face before she turned around and walk to the door. In a rush I tried to wipe my face as best as I could in the mirror. The tears were gone, but my face was still red.

"No I don't want to hear it!" Cam screamed. "She is right and you know it!" I turned around and saw Cam shouting at my brother, who stood in the hall. "I can't believe you ditched her to be with your slut! If being with your slut is more important that being with us even on our fucking birthday, go back to her!" Not a second later, she slammed the door hard in his face.

"Grab your stuff," she didn't even look at me as she slipped on a pink t-shirt and threw one at me. I caught the weird and not mine Tokio Hotel shirt in my hands with ease. Once she slipped it on she put on her blue flip flops and grabbed her bag. "Hurry up!" She rushed me as she headed to the door with her large bag in her arms as she pulled her hair up and began braiding it.

I slipped on the shirt and my dark red flip flops and followed after her. We walked in silence as we headed to the elevator down the empty hallway. She didn't even talk when she handed me a hair band. Right as the door opened to the pool, the smell of chlorine water filled in my nose, my hair was up in a high pony tail. "Braid it," she finally told me as she walked head of me.

Ignoring her, I followed after her in the sun passed all the people that stared at us as we walked passed them. Some idiots called after us but we gave them no response.

"Girls!" D and Bass shouted from a shady spot at the end of the pool. They waited under the umbrella in their shorts, exposing their sculpted bodies to the girls around them that clearly looked and spoke of them with interest.

"Bass!" Cam squealed as she dropped her bag on the glass table and threw herself on his lap.

"Hey babe," he kissed her lips as he hugged her. "Happy birthday."

"Kat!" D jumped up like an idiot and engulfed me into a rib shattering hug and spun me around.

"D!" I screamed with a big smile as he laughed.

"Happy birthday!" He shouted over and over again for a minute or so before he put me down.

"Oh shit," I wobbled a little as I held onto the table for support. "You dick," I held my dizzy head with my other hand.

"I got you a present!" D told me as he took a seat in one of the empty chairs next to the happy couple that watched us.

"What is it?" I asked taking a seat in an empty chair.

"You will have to wait and see," Bass cut in.

"Happy birthday twins!" Tokio Hotel came out of nowhere, wet.

"Thanks," I smiled up at Tom and Bill.

"Nice shirt," they all looked at me with sly smirks on their lips. That's when I realized they were all shirtless. Bil and Tom had an okay chest, Georg's was better than theirs, but Gustav beat them all.

"She gave it to me," I pointed at my sister. "I only wear good band's t-shirts."

Bill's mouth dropped down, nearly to the ground. Gustav and Georg just glared at me. But Tom's smirking made me scared. Before I knew it, Tom grabbed my arm and yanked me up. "Tom!" I protested as he literally threw me up and over his shoulder. "Put me down!" I kicked as he walked, please don't be the water!" Kicking didn't help, only took off my sandals.

"Tom!" Bill shouted. "Wait!"

"For what?" Tom stopped.

"I don't want her getting our band t wet," he told him and remarkably pulled off my shirt, careful not to take my top off with it. "There. Continue, Tommi."

"God I hate when he calls me that," Tom mumbled under his breath as he walked a bit more.

"D! Bass!" I called for help. "Cam! Help me, damn it!"

"Sorry!" They laughed at me.

"Happy birthday!" Tom shouted as he leaped into the water with me right on him......