Real Boys Kiss Boys

Surprise!

[ the next morning ]

I run the whole way to school ... yes, I know I should get up earlier – but I haven´t sleeped well ... so I fall in a deep sleep after all the thinking and in the morning I didn´t heard the alarm clock.
“woah ..” I reach my locker, grab my books, slam the door and run in my class. I look around: there´s no Gerard. He sits always next to me. Always. But now he isn´t here.
Mr Halley enters the room and begins with his lesson.
Woah, I need to sleep.
Right now.
Right here.

The bell rings and wakes me up. I yawn and stretch myself. I stand up to find Mikey, Bob and Ray in the corridor. Our lockers are all next to each other. Normally I walk with Gerard the corridor down, but today he isn´t there. I miss him.
“Hey.”
I know this voice ... I turn around:
“Gerard?” I must look very stupid. I just stand in front of him with my books in my arms staring at my best friend.
“I see you didn´t sleeped well ... “ He points at my rings under the eyes.
I nod.
“You too ... “ I reply and give him a weak smile.
“Can I have a word?” He asks.
OH MY FUCKING GOD
“yes ...” I mumble staring into his eyes.
Gerard turns around and give me a wink which means I should follow. I do. We walk down the corridor as usual. He leads me outside and sit down under a tree.
“Frank ... you know ...”he begins.
I look at him. He stares at his shoes so I can´t see his face – only his long jet black hair.
“You told me ... that you love me.”
“yes ...” I mumble.
“do you still love me?” he asks without looking up.
I pause. What should I say?
“ ... yes I do.” I reply.
Suddenly Gerard´s face is near mine. He smiles. I never saw him smile like this before!
“Frank?”
“yes..?” I answer unsure.
He leans towards me and gives me a small kiss on the lips.
“I love you too ...”