Day At The Park

Arriving At Skool

I was expecting me to be scared and nervous entering skool 27 minuets late and seeing the look on the head teacher’s angry face, but actually the whole coming in late thing made me smile. I don’t know y but I seemed to find the hold situation amusing. It wasn’t like me at all. Normally I know how to fool teachers with my I’m so sorry I will never do I again look but I don’t know what came over me. I think I must have been possessed or something. Miss Prela was in a good mood today and she would have only given me one week’s detention if it weren’t for my smirking, but instead she gave me exactly what I had predicted. Two weeks of detention and community service for the skool. I don’t know how I could live down doing community service in front of everyone. I’d look like an ass in front of the whole skool. So far this day has been great don’t u think?

My detention starts from today. In my skool planner Miss Prela has scribbled it in with big bold red letters. Normally when I get a detention I ask the teacher if I can write it in. I do this so that I can write in pencil so when I get home I can rub it out. No 1 would even know it was there. But Miss Prela has made my detention a permanent thing which I can’t hide.

She teaches geography in the skool. There are six different buildings in my skool. They all have different names. There’s the Millennium block which teaches history, maths and geography, the Arts block which teaches drama, media work and art, the Science block which of course teachers science, Technology block which teaches food Tec, wood work and clothes designing, Ict block where all the computers are, and the Sports block where all the P.E stuff happens. I have registration in the arts block and I have to make my way down to the other side of the skool to the Millennium block.

When I arrive to her classroom where my detention was I see about 7 other people who’ve got a detention with me. All of them r no strangers to her detentions but it relieves me a tiny bit just to know that I’m not going to b alone in a class with Miss Prela. What if she just lost her temper with me and murdered me. I wouldn’t b surprised if she carried a knife with her for protection. Half the skool does coz there are so many gangs about in my skool. One girl died last year coz she was attacked for her mp3 player. She would have lived if only she hadn't fought back. Don’t get me wrong though she was a huge girl who could definitely stand up for herself.

I hesitantly knocked on the door to her class. “Well what r u waiting for Jasmine. A big parade for u as u enter my room. Ur already two minuets late as it is so hurry up and sit down there next to Adam” she yells at me. I just mumble “of course I’m two minuets late. That’s the bloody reason, y u gave me this punishment in the first place u shit hole woman.” I think she hears me but just ignores the comment. She gets so many a day as she walks through the skool mine prob didn't even scratch the surface.

Of all the places she has to dump me. Right next to Adam the freak. As the detention goes on he just sits there digging for gold, and picking his spots. I feel like I’m going to be sick at any moment but even if I was Miss Prela wouldn't even care. She would Extend my other detentions for wasting her time.

“Ok Jasmine u can go now, ur time is up. And I’ve decided since ur not normally late to skool u will only have just a week’s detention. Is that ok with u?”
“yes Miss, that’s fine.” All I could think was is this really the same Miss Prela or was she abducted by aliens and taken to another planet. And also what is she doing asking me if it’s ok that she shortens my detention. What was she expecting me to say? No miss I really want two weeks of detentions rather than one. Any way I quickly escape from skool to catch my bus home.