Day At The Park

Phoning Ryan

I arrive home after that sickening detention. I fling my bag onto the floor by the stairs and reach for the phone to c what's happing with Ryan. I feel really bad coz everyone left his house in a total tip from last night. No 1 had a change to clean it up as we were all running late. Just as I start to dial his number as the phone rings. “Hey, can I ask who I’m speaking to please” I say. I just hear a faint voice say “hi Jazzy, it’s me mum. I don’t want u to panic, but dad, he’s in hospital right now. He got shot last night just below his ribs. He’s had already two operations since, but doctors hear say he will be ok as long as he rests.” At that moment I just didn't know what to say. I just stood there with the phone to my ear. “Jazz, Jazz? R u there dear? R u ok?”
I finally get the words out to say, “um yes mum I’m here, tell dad I’m thinking about him ok?”
“ok don’t worry, I will. Look I really have to go now but I’ll inform u if anything new happens. Bye”

I just lied to my mum and told her I was fine but really I was just hurt. I hate the fact that my parents r never there and there always away. And now dad has been shot. This is all great isn’t it?

I leave the house to get some fresh air and to get my thoughts cleared. I always do that when anything is worrying me. I sit there for quite a long time. I don’t think I have n e homework to do when I get bk home so I just sit there for a bit longer. All of a sudden I c someone coming towards me. To my amazement I c Ryan. He sits down next to me.

“Hi. Did u finish cleaning up ur house after last night?” I say.
“Um just a little bit. I’m not really that bothered. Why the hell r u sitting here in the cold on ur own? U didn't get locked out of ur house did u?” I just smile and say, “No I didn't. I’m not that stupid. I’m just clearing my head but please don’t worry. I’m fine.”
“So r u doing n e thing later or r u just going to sit here?”
“Well I’m not just going to sit here all day but no, I don’t have n e plans. Y, what about u?”
“Well actually I do have plans. I had a detention today after skool for being late and I met this girl called Anna. We just started talking and she just asked me out.” At that moment I became even more depressed and pretended to look happy for him, but really I was cringing and thinking if only I had the courage to do that.

“So what r u going to do with her?”
Ryan laughs and says, “I don’t think I’m going to be ‘doing’ n e thing with her just yet. I barely know her” Typical for him to change my words into sum thing more. I give him a sideways look as he says, “no I’m sorry I do know what u mean but I’m not really sure yet. She just told me to come over to her house. I’m not even sure I even like her. Anna’s 1 of those hair flicking blonde girl. She's not really my type but I’ve learnt not to judge a book by its cover.”
I just nod my head I agreement. “Well n e wayz I better b going. R u sure ur ok?”
“Yeah I’m totally fine. Really just go.”
As Ryan walks off all I can think of is how hott he looks from behind. Seeing him makes me feel a lot better apart fm the whole Anna thing. I decide not to let the whole thing bother me and just to go bk home.