Spike Me and Save Me

Blood

Gerard’s P.O.V.

The rage was building inside of me. Why hasn’t he told me? I have told him everything – everything! – and then he keeps such a secret from me? How could he do that?
I stomped down the small hallway and into the living area. I stopped right in front of him, blocking his view of the TV. He looked up at me with a kidding face, but soon realized I wasn’t messing around.

“What the fuck is this?!” I yelled and tossed the velvet box at him – hitting him right in the stomach. I tossed it as hard as I could – taking my arm back as far as I could, before hurling it forward – which was clearly seen in his facial expression. Even such a tiny box could cause pain. In more than one way.
Since he didn’t answer my question, I continued yelling.
“Why the fuck haven’t you told me?!” He didn’t even look guilty as he realized what I had thrown at him. He just looked at me with a stupid look on his face – as if he had no idea why I was this mad.
“How the hell could you keep this from me?!” He frowned, as if he had a hard time remembering what I was talking about.
“I told you everything. Everything! And then you hide this from me?!” My yelling didn’t seem to get him anywhere. He just kept his expressions between confused and more confused.
“We used to tell each other everything. I thought we still did.” This time my voice uncovered my true feelings – hurt. He had hurt me so bad by not telling me. How can he keep such an important decision from me? Doesn’t he trust me?
“You know, that’s the worst feeling in the world – the feeling of not being trusted. When you are untrustworthy to someone.” My voice was shaking, but I kept it cool. No tears. No sorrow. If I have to, I’m ready to leave you.

“Gerard, you don’t understand,” he finally said. I don’t understand? If you’d told me, I would understand! What I don’t understand is how you could keep this from me!
He breathed heavily. He was looking at the velvet box in his hands. At least look me in the eye when you say that you don’t trust me. At least have the courage to face me when you dump me.
“I bought this a long time ago…”

“But you still never told me!” I interrupted. He raised his head and our eyes met. His eyes were red, but not only because of sadness – anger was burning in his eyes. My tears were burning behind my eyes, but I refused to let them out.

“I told you that I still loved her!” he snapped. His eyes went back to the velvet box. He was stroking it with his one thumb, which trickered a fit of jealousy within me.

“She can have you!” His eyes shot up to meet my anger.
“All to herself. I’m done!” I said, before I turned around and left. He didn’t say a thing. He didn’t call my name – he didn’t even get out of his seat. I knew he didn’t want this to happen – heck! I didn’t what this – but he didn’t do anything to stop it from happening. This was it. We were done.
When I reached the outside, the cooling night-air stroked my heated face. I stomped through the labyrinth of busses, before I spotted Lyn-Z and a few others by the stage. All the fans had gone home, so it was soothingly silent up there. I went up to her and wrapped my arms around her. She shrieked from the shock, but relaxed and leaned into my embrace when she saw whom the arms belonged to. I love her. I never wanna be without her.
That was when it hit me. What better way to show Frank that I was over him and that he was more than welcome to marry Jamia?

“Can I talk to you for a sec?” I whispered into Lyn-Z’s ear, before taking her by the hand and leading her away from the crowd. I found a secluded spot, before I turned around and kissed her. She kissed me back with great passion – a passion that gave strength to my courage. I pulled back and looked her deep in the eyes.
“Marry me,” I exhaled, sounding as sincere as possible to let her know I was serious. A slight smile appeared on her lips, as she looked me in the eyes to see if she could spot any hesitation – obviously failing. Her smile widened.

“I will,” she laughed and hugged me tight. I returned her hug, before letting go and dragging her back towards the others.

“We gotta find a priest or something!”

“Wait, you wanna get married tonight?” She stopped. “Right now?” I turned around to face her.

“Yes! I love you. And I love touring. What better time or place to get married?” My smile was wide, but her smile made mine look like a slight smirk. I turned around and continued my search for a priest. In the meantime we told everyone we passed. Mikey was surprised and sceptic, but he didn’t stop me. He didn’t pull me aside to ask me if this was the right thing. I guess he just saw how happy I was, and just let me be happy – happier than ever. Even Ray just went along with it. We gathered everyone behind the big stage and held a small ceremony. People were so confused, yet happy on our behalf. In the bliss of happiness, no one noticed that Frank was missing – not even me.
♠ ♠ ♠
A New Year's present: a chapter!!
Have a happy, great and safe New Year!
Might not be the best chapter to bring you into 2009 with, but yeah... Hope you liked it!