Status: indefinite hiatus

Siren's Song

Prologue

I sat on the rooftop and watched chaos unfold on the streets below. I made no movement, and no sound. I was waiting. Waiting until I was needed. The sound of sirens in the distance was growing closer. Sirens…

A hand on my shoulder made me stiffen slightly, though I knew who it was. His face neared my ear, so close that I could almost smell the pain covering his skin. A greasy strand of his green hair brushed my cheek, and still I said nothing. We watched as the policemen gathered around the masked men below.

“Remember, this is your chance. One chance. That’s all you get.” I nodded. I knew that. This was a sort of… initiation, if you will. As the policemen drew their weapons, the gloved hand left my shoulder, and I stood slowly. I let a soft note leave my lips, just enough to get the attention of those beneath me. In the dim streetlights, I could see the expressions of the cops, debating whether I was in league with the clown-faced man, or an innocent civilian intending to jump. A smile played at my lips, and I opened my mouth again. This time, more notes poured forth, forming a song. My song. I brought forth words, and they were obeyed. The policemen never took their eyes away from me. I was the last thing they saw before the masked men took their lives.

As the last body fell, my shoulders slumped, and I fell to one knee. I was near spent. My chin was lifted slightly, just enough to lock my eyes with another pair, pained, rimmed in black.

“Congratulations…” he said, pausing before he continued, “Siren.”

I smiled. I had passed the test.

“Thank you, Daddy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, like I said in the summary, I don't know how long I'll keep this up.
Lemme know what you guys think.
Also, banners would make my day.
So would comments.
*hint*

~Missy~