Status: indefinite hiatus

Siren's Song

Chaos Is The Music To His Ears

Our real run turned out to be a simple robbery. I wasn’t impressed, and I played no part in it. My services weren’t necessary in something like that. I sat idly by the sidelines with Muse, watching my father torment the people of Gotham.

“Mistress?”

“Yes, Muse dearest?”

“Is this your father’s music?”

I looked at him questioningly. “Whatever do you mean?”

“I am your music. Is this your father’s? This… chaos?”

I stared at him for a minute. He was really curious to know, and, once he brought it up, I was, too.

“I believe it is, in a way. In much the same way that I would not be me without you, I don’t think my father would be him without the chaos. It is… a strange comparison, but a comparison nonetheless.”

He was silent, pondering.

“Siren! Cops are coming!” one of my father’s men shouted to me. I looked at him curiously. He was motioning as if to tell me to get out there. I just blinked at him, and he came running over. “Come on! You gotta distract ‘em so we can get out!”

I glared at him. “I don’t take orders from you.”

“Listen you, if you weren’t the Boss’s daughter, you wouldn’t even be here. All you got is your hypnotism. Without that, you’re nothing! We’re the ones doin’ all the work around here, so why don’t you get off your pretty little tush and start helpin’ out?!”

Before I could even say anything, I was hit with a spray of blood as a bullet went through his skull, and he crumpled to the ground. Daddy was standing behind him, gun in hand.

“Well,” he said to me, “Now that that’s over with.” He motioned for me to rise, and we left the bank, with him not saying another word - to me anyways. He had plenty to say to the terrified people left inside, and a whole book full of things to say directed towards the police officers coming to “ruin the game,” as he said.

And that was the end of that. We returned to the warehouse, and all of us went our separate ways. I retreated to my room, Muse close behind. Discarding my mask, I was about to change into something more comfortable when my phone rang. Going over to it, the caller ID blinked up at me.
Bruce. I smiled before picking it up.

“Hello, there,” I said happily.

Hey, Belle. I just wanted to call and apologize about last night. I got a phone call, and -

“Bruce,” I interrupted as I moved to lock the bedroom door, “it’s okay. Alfred told me that you’d had to go out. I figured that then was as good a time as any to leave, or something might come up to prevent it again,” I said, smiling.

You’re probably right.” Even through the phone I could tell he was smiling. “Still, I really am sorry. I hope you’ll let make it up to you.

I smiled. “What’d you have in mind?”

Let me take you out.

I laughed lightly. “Again?”

Yes, again. I know somewhere we could go that I’m certain you’ll love.

I smiled again. “When did you have in mind?” I asked.

Tonight. Is tonight okay?

I bit my lip. “I’m not sure. Let me check?”

Alright.

I unlocked my door, glaring when Harley Quinn fell into the room. Stepping over her, I started down the hall, to Daddy’s office.

“Daddy?” I called softly through the door.

“What?” he called back.

“Are we busy tonight?”

“Why?” He sounded suspicious.

“Because I was hoping to go out -”

“Well, that’s too bad!” he interrupted, shouting. “We’ve got places to go and people to see! You can go out with your precious boyfriend some other time!”

I cringed, turning to go back to my room. Putting the phone back to my ear, I spoke. “Sorry, Bruce… I think we’re busy.” There was a brief silence before he responded.

Yeah, I heard.” I cringed again.

“He’s just really protective, y’know? I’m sorry…”

It’s fine,” but he didn’t sound happy. “Tomorrow then?

“Yeah…Tomorrow sounds fabulous.”

Alright then.

“IZZY!” Harley’s voice shouted through my door. “TIME TO GO!” I swear my eye twitched.

Who’s that?

“My…sister. Yikes. Can I call you back later?”

Sure. I’ll be waiting.” I smiled, and we said our goodbyes and hung up, just as Harley burst into the room. I raised my eyebrow.

“Where did you get a key to my room?”

“Mr. J gave it to me!” she answered excitably.

I swear my eye twitched again, as I pulled my mask back to my face.

“Come, my Muse,” I said to him. “Let us go.” He looked at me sympathetically.

It was going to be a long night.