Status: indefinite hiatus

Siren's Song

"Angels are nice."

“The mob?” I asked incredulously. “Haven’t we already threatened them?”

“There’s a new group in town. We want to make sure we introduce ourselves. Can’t risk having them cross the line. Nope. That wouldn’t do at all.” I sighed.

“Alright then, I guess,” I replied as I went towards my room to change. Now, don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t nearly as drastic as the rest of the group was when it came to changing appearance when we went out. I had a simple outfit. A dress, but I wore it over shorts to make movement easier, in case there ever was a need for a fast getaway - which there often was. And it was pure white. Daddy said it made me look like an angel. I said it better not rain.

Makeup? I wore little. I was content with a mask to hide my identity. The only makeup was red lipstick, to offset the mask. Ivy once said that the whole ensemble offset my hair well. I distinctly remember telling her to put a sock in it.

As I said, my outfit was much more simple than the others’. Still, it hid me well. Not like I was ever ‘in the line of fire’, so to speak, so it wasn’t a big deal.

When I was done changing, I walked to the main room, soon joined by the rest. We piled into a ratty old van, and took off to pay a visit to the mob.

Image

“Knock, knock!” Daddy yelled as he pushed open the door. All eyes turned to him, as well as a number of guns. “Now, now. Don’t be like that!” he said, pulling out a weapon of his own - a grenade. The guns slowly lowered. “That’s more like it!” Before he could continue, one of the men spoke up.

“I know you!” We looked at him, expectantly. He seemed nervous. “Y-You’re the Joker.” Beneath my mask, I raised an eyebrow at the back of the group.

“Well, duh.” I slowly made my way to Daddy’s side. “Daddy?”

“Yes?” he seemed semi-irritated.

“They’re stupid.”

“I know.” I shrugged.

“Well, well. Look at Daddy’s little angel.” I narrowed my eyes and turned to the idiot who’d spoken, crossing the room to stand in front of him, getting right in his face. I was well aware of Daddy’s eyes following me.

“Let me make something clear. I’m not an angel. I’m a Siren.” I said angrily.

“Difference?”

“The difference is, angels are nice.” He raised an eyebrow and I clenched my teeth, taking a deep breath before speaking again. “Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be castrated?” His smile faltered.

“Um.. No?”

“Well, if you ever call me an angel again, I’ll let you know. And you’ll do it yourself.”

“Why in the hell would I do that?” I grinned darkly.

“Because I’d tell you to.” I didn’t wait for his reply. I just turned and crossed to stand at my father’s side again.

“Now that that little… distraction,” I grinned, “is over with, I’ll get to why I came. This guy,” he pointed to the one who initially recognized him, “knows who I am. So he’s going to help me let you know why you should be afraid of me, right?”

The man was visibly quivering.

“Yes, Mr. Joker, sir.” I giggled at his unease.

“Good man!” Daddy said… and promptly shot him in between the eyes. “Well,” he said, “there’s one reason. Hope he was disposable. Not that it matters now!” He was laughing maniacally - as always. The guy who I took to be the mob boss stood up in his chair.

“What is it you want, Joker?”

“What every good villain wants - chaos!” He paused. “But I want it my way. I was just making sure you know that I’m in charge. Gotham is my city, and I’m going to drive it to the ground. If you interfere, you’ll wind up dead.”

“Or self-castrated!” I piped up. I was really liking that idea for the one guy. I wasn’t generally a mean person, but some people just pushed my buttons.

“Yes… or self-castrated.” The mob men looked at each other, and then to their boss.

“So, basically, you just wanted to be sure we knew who you were?”

“Yes… and to shoot a few people.”

“Wha -?” He was cut off by a loud ‘bang’. The tell-tale sound of a bullet from a gun. He fell to the ground, and chaos erupted. Daddy, Harley, and I left, all smiling at the sounds coming from the room.

“It’s been a productive night,” was all Daddy said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah... it's kind of a filler.
But I wanted something put in there.
So... here ya go.

I only have TWO comments.
And that makes me sad.
So I'm waiting.
On that note, thanks go to extra.classy, and radianteclipse13, for their comments.