Status: indefinite hiatus

Siren's Song

Ghost Love Score

I woke with the feeling of the sun on my face - and the uncomfortable feeling of being watched. I opened my eyes to see Bruce already awake, watching me. I smiled when I met his eyes, and he smiled back. I stretched a little, before cuddling into him.

“You’re awake but not getting up?”

“Exactly.”

“And why is that?”

“Because you’re comfortable, that’s why!”

“Well, as flattering as that is, I’m sure that wouldn’t change if we took the time to go eat something. Alfred’s already made breakfast.” I frowned, but I was hungry.

“Alright then. I suppose that works.” He smiled again as we got up from the bed. Scanning the room for the first time, as I hadn’t bothered the night before, my eyes fell on the clock.

“It’s already ten-thirty. Don’t you have to work?”

“I may or may not have called in sick.”

“Ooh, Bruce Wayne’s not as good as they give him credit for?” I said teasingly.

“Oh, I’m good,” he replied, moving closer to me. “I’m very good.” I giggled. “I just don’t feel like going in today.” I shrugged. It sounded good to me! I leaned up and kissed him once before we pulled apart. He rested his hand on my waist as we walked towards the dining room. My eyes widened as I looked at the table.

“French toast?” I asked excitedly. He laughed.

“Yes, French toast. You said it was your favorite, so here it is.” I smiled happily, taking the seat he held out for me.

“Mmm, it smells delicious!”

“Knowing Alfred, it is.”

And that’s how we spent breakfast. We made small talk between bites, and when we were done, went into the living room and sat down.

“What time do you have to go home?” he asked.

“Whenever,” I replied, thinking that I had never really told Daddy when I’d be home. I’d just told him I was staying at Bruce’s.

“Good. That means I can spend the day with you.” I couldn’t help the grin that came to my face.

‘God, what has this man done to me?’ I thought.

I rose from the couch and went over to his home theatre system.

“Have any good CD’s?”

“What do you classify as good?”

“Almost anything,” I said laughingly.

“Well,” he responded slowly, “I’m pretty sure we have that.” He pointed me towards a cabinet. Opening it, I saw he was right. He had a lot of CD’s! Looking through, my eyes found Nightwish’s album, Once and I pulled it out. Inserting it into the CD player, I turned it to Nemo. When it started, I smiled, and soon found myself dancing around the living room, only vaguely aware of Bruce’s eyes following my movement. I was lost in the music, until I turned and my hands were met with another pair - his. The disk, on shuffle, switched to Ghost Love Score, and we danced around his living room. Now, though, it was different than the previous night. Somehow, more connected. Our gaze remained locked as we moved around the room, seeming as one. I knew I would never be able to listen to this song again without immediately thinking of Bruce.

At the risk of sounding cliché, it was ‘our song’.

Not because of the words, but because of the feeling. And because when I look back, I know that this is when I started to fall in love with Bruce Wayne.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys.
First of all, if you've heard the song, and know the words, it fits amazingly into this story later on.
So it's a bit of foreshadowing.
It'll be referred to again in the future, as well.
If you haven't heard the song, you should.
Nightwish is amazing, and in my opinion they were better with Tarja. Anette's good, but Tarja brought something that she doesn't have. A certain uniqueness.
Anyways, comment and update.
I love you all!