I'm Not Okay

Skylines and Turnstiles

"WELL IF YOU WANTED HONESTY THATS ALL YOU HAD TO SAY!" Both me and my best friend, Haley, screamed. We were watching those music videos from the Life On The Murder Scene CD. When the song finished, we erupted into fit of giggles and lay down on the couch.

"So have you ever met your real dad?" Haley asked.
"No." I sighed. She had asked this question more than once.
"Well do you even know his name or what he looked like?" She asked.
"Nope. All I know is that I look like him."
"Oh."

The next music video came on and it was the one where Gerard is wearing that camo jacket and he looks pretty drunk. It's actually my favorite. As they sang I'm Not Okay again, Haley sat up. Then her jaw dropped as she stared at the screen.

"What the fuck?" I asked propping myself up on my elbows.

She just looked from the screen to me, then back at the screen.

"YOU HAVE THE SAME EYES AS GERARD." She half-screamed. It was a good thing my mom left us alone tonight. She was on a date with some new boyfriend.

"No. Mine are blue, and his are brown." I said matter-of-factly.
"Yeah, but they have the same shape, and you have the same ears, too!" She shreiked.

I looked hard at the screen and realised that I did look a lot like him. Oh well, probably justa coincidence...

"Wait a second, whatschool did your mom go to?"
"Belleville." I said. Then I gasped. I had never realised they went to the same school.
"How old is she?"
"30" I choked out, this being Gerard's age.
"And who is your father?" She was smirking now.
"I don't know." I said, practically non-breathing.

As Gerard looked at me through the screen, I wondered. 'Could he be my dad?'

"We are SO going to that concert next week." Haley was getting excited now.
"Okay."

And I drifted off to sleep and dreamt.