‹ Prequel: Not What I Expected

My Secret Untold

Chapter 1

I was afraid to talk to Joe about my lifestyle around so many curious ears. I was especially upset when she started listening to us. Why did she have to be around now? Why her? I've heard her thoughts over everyone's since I started coming to that church. I knew how she felt... every time... but why did she have to be the one who hears?

That's when she gave herself away, immediately scolding herself mentally. Like always, she panicked and tried to run. I managed to get in front of her and stop her.

"Uh, I need to, uh, find my parents," she stammered.

I hated to be so straight forward and rude, "How much did you hear?"

Her eyes shifted as she tried to find a way out. Her mind was too opaque. She was concentrated on my presence... My stare... To think she was so affected by those small things...

"How much did you hear?" I repeated.

She hesitated, "I, uh... heard pretty much the, uh, whole thing..."

Not good...

I glanced at Joe for a split second and then looked back at her.

"You can't tell anyone about what you heard," I politely ordered.

"Can you explain to my what it's all about though?" she asked with less hesitation.

I wanted to...

"Not right now."

We had to get out of there so Joe and I left without another word. I heard her reaction.

What is Alex trying to hide? Sydney mused.

Things had just become a little more complicated for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the first chapter of Alex's thoughts!! I know it's repetitive because it's all in the first story, but I just think it would be nice to know exactly what he was thinking. Please comment!