‹ Prequel: Not What I Expected

My Secret Untold

Chapter 13

On the usual Saturday, I go to work and I'm stuck there pretty much the entire day. Luckily, I didn't have work, so I made my merry little way to Sydney's house just to surprise her.

I'm not sure why exactly, but I started to think that I wanted to be around Sydney because she could take my mind off Cacie.

I had broken up with Cacie the night I went to her house and she oddly seemed okay with it. She didn't get made or totally upset. She was just... unusually normal. I started to think there really was something up with Cacie that I didn't know. I was going to have to find out as soon as I could.

Anyway, around noon, I pulled up in Sydney's driveway already hearing her thoughts of boredom.

I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell.

I heard Sydney's mom yell for her and her lazy footsteps to the door.

Sydney opened the door and stared at me in surprise.

"Alex?"

"Hey!" I greeted.

"Um, come in... I guess," she offered awkwardly.

I smiled and happily stepped inside her house. Her two dogs started barking at me, but I made them calm down by sending soothing thoughts to them. They both became quiet and Sydney gave me a look. I only smiled innocently.

"So what brings you here?" Sydney's mom asked.

"I just wanted to know if Sydney could come hang out with me, Kayla, and Joe," I answered coolly.

Her mom didn't answer and Sydney walked away, saying she'd be back. I read her thoughts and laughed at her silliness. She had to brush her teeth just because she felt like it. She was silly.

For two minutes, I talked to her mom and convinced her to let Sydney hang out with me and the others.

Sydney walked out and noticed my bright smile.

"What?" she questioned.

"Go get a jacket and let's go," I said.

She did without question and said bye to her mom before following me outside to my car. We got in and put our seat belts on. Then she turned towards me.

"How did you manipulate her this time?"

I laughed and started my car, "Same as any other time, but I didn't manipulate her."

"Uh huh."

I just smiled and backed my car out of her driveway. Then we started heading towards where I was taking her.

It was silent and I decided to let her know about Cacie and I.

"I broke up with Cacie."

"Why do you feel the need to tell me?" she asked quietly.

I was honestly surprised with her answer. Even her thoughts sounded the same. It was strange.

She looked out the window, "How is she?"

"She seemed okay, but there was something she was hiding," I explained.

She nodded and I felt the awkwardness coming from her on the subject of my ex girlfriend.

"So where are we going?" she asked, changing the subject.

"Probably El Maguey and then to Joe's," I answered, very glad to be off the last subject.

"Cool," she scratched her head, "but I don't have any money."

She made me laugh inside.

"I can take care of it."

She shook her head, "You don't need to. I don't have to eat."

I wasn't very happy with her response.

"You do need to eat and I'll force feed you if I have to."

"I don't want to take your money though. I feel bad."

"Hey, I didn't tell you that you needed money before we left and I didn't even tell you I was coming to get you," I pointed out, knowing I was going to win.

She crossed her arms in angry defeat and I smiled in success.

After eating at El Maguey, all of us headed over to Joe's house to play some Super Smash Brothers on his N64. It got pretty competitive, but was well worth the fun.

It was hilarious when Sydney got really competitive with Joe and I. She was so determined to beat us, but never prevailed.

"That is so unfair," she pouted, dropping her controller on the floor.

"Get better then," Joe joked.

"Jerk."

Joe stuck his tongue out while Kayla laughed. I smiled and started another round without them realizing.

"Hey! We weren't ready!" Sydney complained, pushing me a little.

"I got tired of waiting."

"Poop nugget."

I just smiled and then the game continued.

"What time is it?" Kayla yawned.

Joe, Sydney, and myself pulled out our phones to look.

"Holy cow! It's almost eight!" Sydney exclaimed.

"Oops. I think I need to take you home now..." I replied, standing up and taking out my car keys.

I waited for Sydney as she said goodbye to Joe and Kayla and then we headed out.

There wasn't much talk in the car as I took her home, but it wasn't uncomfortable.

Finally, I pulled up beside the curb by Sydney's mailbox.

"Adios," she said with a smile as she got out of the car.

"See ya," I replied before she shut the door.

I watched her closely as she made her way to her front door.

Right before she touched her door, I noticed a quick movement headed straight towards her.

Sadly, I couldn't get to her before she was thrown into the wall, but I was able to catch the person who hurt her.

Unfortunately, fate wasn't on my side because I was out cold before I knew what hit me.
♠ ♠ ♠
There was thirteen. :D Let me know what you thought. :D Thanks guys.