‹ Prequel: Not What I Expected

My Secret Untold

Chapter 14

I came to, hearing her thoughts of pain.

Ouch... I hurt...

I had to agree with her. I had aches all over and I couldn't understand why exactly.

I opened my eyes and saw a comforting darkness. I felt safe, but I knew that we weren't and Sydney was in danger. I didn't forget her fear of the dark either.

I heard her panic and I reached out to touch her shoulder. She screamed and I felt extremely sorry.

Shh... It's okay, I cooed.

"Alex?" Sydney whispered, relief flooding through her veins.

"Yes."

She relaxed even more than I thought possible, but I could feel some fear still within her.

"So do you have any idea where we are?" she asked me in a whisper.

She was afraid of a possible visitor with us just as much as I was.

"No, but I think we need to get out," I answered.

"Sorry, but that won't be happening," a voice stated coldly.

I knew that voice and I immediately went on the defense.

A small light beside me turned on and created a chain reaction around the dark room to reveal the one person I dreaded to see... Cacie. She stood in the very center of the room with a smirk on her face.

I carefully pushed Sydney behind me, never taking my eyes off of the enemy before me.

"What do you want with us?" I asked, angry that Sydney had to be involved.

Cacie giggled, "What else would I want other than a little revenge?"

She ticked me off and I growled at her. I felt Sydney jump behind me, but I didn't turn to her.

"Aw... Want to protect the human girl?" Cacie asked me mockingly.

She cackled and I noticed her fangs.

She was a vampire.

Sydney had caught it too.

"You're a vampire," Sydney stated.

Cacie clapped, "The human girl is smart."

I could feel the anger and heat rise in Sydney, making Cacie laugh.

"The human girl seems to be defensive about her smarts."

She reads feelings... Sydney thought to me and I was surprised that she caught that. Even I didn't notice it.

I felt Sydney make a move towards Cacie, but I stopped her.

Don't. She'll hurt you if you go after her, I warned with worry.

"This is why I'm so mad at you," Cacie scowled. "Even when we were together, you only cared for that stupid human girl."

I saw Sydney clench her fists when I glanced at her out of the corner of my eye. She was worrying me.

Cacie took a few steps closer to us, "You don't belong with humans. Stay with your own kind."

Sydney's thoughts immediately turned on the defensive for my sake and I panicked. In my panic, Sydney managed to get away from me, but I quickly stopped her before she could get too close.

What are you thinking?! I exclaimed, getting extremely frustrated with her.

"She has no right to talk to you like that," she answered, glaring at Cacie.

She was ridiculous.

Cacie cackled loudly, making me face towards her again.

All in a second, Sydney stepped away from me and Cacie disappeared, only to reappear behind Sydney. Cacie grabbed both of Sydney's wrists and forced them behind her back roughly.

"Let go of me!" Sydney yelled.

I could smell the blood rising around her wrists, forming bruises.

Cacie cackled again, "Let's do a little experiment."

I glared at Cacie and my fists tensed.

"I want to see how well you handle," Cacie paused and pulled out a large knife, "her blood."

She couldn't do that to Sydney. I was going to go mad if she did. She couldn't hurt her.

I took a few cautious steps towards them, but I couldn't get close enough without harm being put on her.

She's going to kill me... Sydney thought fearfully.

I wasn't going to let her. There was no way I was going to let my crazy vampire ex girlfriend hurt Sydney. Not if I was around.

I watched painfully as Cacie made a huge gash along Sydney's arm, her blood instantly oozing out. It smelled good, but I was better than that.

I cringed as Cacie let Sydney fall to the floor, clutching her bleeding arm to her body. I watched as her eyes became misty with tears.

"Poor girl," Cacie said with malice. "She shouldn't have gotten in my way."

I glanced at Cacie, who smirked, to Sydney whimpering on the cold and now bloody floor.

Cacie made her way towards me, with the bloody knife in front of her. When she got close enough, she held it out to me, but I held my breath. I knew that if I wasn't careful, I could hurt Sydney. I couldn't do that.

"Come on, Alex," Cacie cooed. "Smell her blood. It smells so delicious."

I couldn't deny that, but I wasn't going to become like her. I refused with all my being, even when she placed the knife right under my nose.

"You know you want to taste it. All it takes is one simple bite," Cacie taunted.

Just do it, Alex, Sydney pleaded. If you wait much longer, I may die from bloodloss.

My eyes shifted toward Sydney, her eyes closed, pleading for mercy.

I had three different choices and I had to pick one. One would put her in danger... One would give her a miserable life... But the last choice was the safest... She may not be happy, but I had to save her.

I had to look like I gave up, so I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

Her blood did smell good, but I had to keep control. It was hard.

I saw Cacie's triumphant grin as I slowly walked over to Sydney's weak form. Cacie cackled behind me, but I ignored it.

Faded visions of death clouded Sydney's mind as I bent over her. Her eyes closed weakly and I took a deep breath.

I brought my teeth closer to her throat, my breath shaking over my decision.

Don't hate me...

My teeth sank into her neck as her thoughts disappeared.

Cacie cackled again and I laughed within my mind.

That's when I sensed her panic. She felt my joy of tricking her and I took that chance to get back at her.

In a flash, I disappeared and appeared behind Cacie, taking the knife from her hand.

She turned to look at me, but she was to late. I was already destroying her. Her screams echoing through the cave.

I pushed my human instincts out the window and only relied on my vampire ones. She had made me angry and I was letting her know.

Finally her last screams filled the air and I dropped the knife.

I glared at her mangled body.

"Don't ever make me hurt one of my friends," I spat.

Then my human instincts came back and I let my glare disappear.

In panic, I searched for a way to rid what I did and I found a torch on the wall. I took it and threw it on Cacie's torn body.

The flames immediately engulfed her and I fell to the ground.

Then I cried.

I had done something wrong and I regretted it. Yes, I was glad that I didn't have to worry about her hurting Sydney again, but I had done something so vile, so inhumane, that it made me sick.

You're not a human... I thought.

I glared at that thought.

I was and I always will be.

I remembered Sydney and I quickly rushed to her body.

I stared at her and she looked pale... sickly. I almost cried again knowing that I caused her to go through that.

I picked Sydney up and held her close to me as best as I could.

I noticed the small mark forming on her neck where I bit her and I felt embarrassed.

"Please don't hate me when you wake up. It's the only thing I could do that wouldn't hurt you," I whispered though I knew she couldn't hear.

I hugged her limp body before standing up and figuring a way out.

Once I managed to find the exit, I ran into the open and called the ambulance.

They were going to ask questions... I knew that. She was going to be okay... I knew that, too. But I didn't know what her reaction would be when she found out why she's still alive. I just had to wait to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, that was hardcore compared to her POV. Wow. I was going to type the next chapter, but this one took way longer than I expected. I'll try to get it out tomorrow and the next chapter will be the last because I don't find the epilogue to be a true value. Plus, I already have it in her POV. But I will have a surprise in the next chapter so I think that'll make up for it. :D I hope you liked this. Thanks guys.