‹ Prequel: Not What I Expected

My Secret Untold

Chapter 6

Before I even got to the church the following Wednesday, Sydney's thoughts flooded my own.

She was angry about having to leave early and not see me. She was unbelievable.

I chose to leave her alone, so I went to the service. The only problem was that I could hear her thoughts all night. It made paying attention harder for me. Her thoughts were sad and angry. They made started to make me feel the same.

I finally gave in.

"Where are you going?" Joe asked me when he saw me get up.

"I have somewhere I need to be," I answered with a small smile and then I left.

I got into my car and drove to Dairy Queen where Sydney was hiding out. It was time for me to help instead of hurt.

I walked inside and looked right at her. Sydney saw me, too.

Of all people... she thought bitterly. She was in a really bad mood.

I sat next to her in the booth, "Sorry. I could hear you all night."

She blushed, "Sorry... I didn't think you were going to go to the service, so I just let my mind go."

I sighed knowing that I was making her so depressed. To be nice, I gave her a one-armed hug and I smiled when I felt her heart rate speed up. I chuckled and took my arm away.

She immediately started to wonder if I was fighting with my instincts like that Edward character she continuously thought about.

"No, I don't. You read too many books on vampires," I smiled.

"First, it's only one series I read and second, why aren't you about ready to kill me for my blood?" she whispered the last part.

I'm not interested in blood, I thought.

"What?"

I don't like blood, I repeated. It took a while to get there, but I'm sure if I was exposed to a lot of blood, then I would kill.

Her response made me laugh to myself, Well then, I know not to bleed by you.

She paused and looked at me curiously, So how do you give yourself strength?

I eat like any other human. I just have to eat a bunch more than a human especially since I'm so active.

"You're even weirder than the Cullens." She looked at me, confusion written all over her face, "What's the point of those?"

She pointed towards my mouth and then at her own teeth. I just laughed.

"There are other uses for them," I smiled mischievously.

She took a while to understand, but what she thought was completely different than what I meant.

"That is not what I was expecting," she muttered.

"I was talking about something other than that."

She blushed crimson, "Oh..."

I laughed again, but then looked at her in concern.

"So why are you so upset over-"

Her mind quickly showed me everything in detail.

"Oh... Okay. I didn't need the details, but thanks..."

"You wanted to know why."

"But you didn't have to tell me everything," I pointed out.

She smirked just as her phone rang. "Teardrops On My Guitar" was her ring tone and I sadly knew why.

Quickly, she opened her phone and read a text from her mom, which I saw in her head.

I got just as frustrated as her mom when she mentally refused to go home. Sydney was being careless.

"Shouldn't you go home?" I suggested when she closed her phone. I was hoping she would agree.

"I don't want to. I want to get away from home," she explained.

I didn't like that answer.

"But you can't stay here."

"I can stay as long as I want," she retaliated.

I frowned, "You really need to go home."

"I told you that I didn't want to go home," she snapped.

"I know that, but you should be at home."

She put her head on the table, "I don't even want to argue about it."

I stared at her just as an idea popped in my head. I stood up and she lifted her head curiously.

"We can't just sit around here all night," I pointed out with a smile.

"But where do you plan on taking me?"

I shrugged, "Probably the church."

I knew she wouldn't mind that.

Sydney stood up slowly, "Fine, but I'm staying there."

"That's fine by me."

We went to my car and got in. I started the car and sped down the road, back to church.

Luckily, there were enough people around to keep the doors unlocked, so Sydney and I easily got in.

We walked to the old chapel to wait for everyone to leave and Sydney stretched out on a row of chairs.

I decided to play the piano, even though I really wasn't great. At least I didn't think so.

I was surprised when her mind went blank for a moment just before bizarre thoughts ran through her mind. She had fallen asleep.

Quickly, I ran to the green room on the other side of the church to get a blanket. When I came back, I put the blanket over her, then took off my jacket and put it under her head. Then I went back to the piano and played quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this took a while. I just didn't really have the time to get it up. And I probably won't get the next one up until Tuesday or late Monday. I'm going camping so yeah. I hope you liked this though. :D Thanks.